Rock fight for FedEx?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FedEx said:
I have no problem with you being a NONMEMBER. But you better be a NONMEMBER with dues check off. Nobody gets a free ride.

I am pretty sure that a non-member on dues check off is someone in arrears to ALPA (owes em money), and hasn't caught up. Therefore, they can't be a member in good standing. The checkoff is until they can pay up in full, if they ever do. In other words, it isn't just some protest stand. But I might be wrong.

Isn't one of the reasons Fred chose Tennessee to set up in is that TN isn't a very labor friendly state? He can't give us anything easy, cause if he did, the rest of the company will want to be in a union, too!

ALPA is only as good as it's MEC leadership. The last ALPA airline I was at sucked Hugh's Big One, Big Time. And still does!

I hate the rock fighting and the mudslinging too. But to go along the lines of JL's analogy... "They (management) started it!!"

DornierPilot said:
Fox Hunter,

I can respect your decision to not be a member of a labor union. (However, I don't understand it.)

Just curious how you can "respect" his decision?

Jethro,

I understand your thoughts about my use of the word "respect" - maybe it is too kind.

I just realize that joining is still "a choice". In my mind, there are NO good arguments to not join ALPA - any collective group will be more successful than each pilot standing alone. Having said that, a person does have the right to make bad choices.

Morally, it is reprehensible that FoxHunter babbles about this and that - in the end, we all know that any Non-Member that doesn't pay a Contract Maintenance Fee is just, sadly, a FREELOADER. Decent people will ALWAYS pay their own way. There is just no other way to spin his/their behavior.

BTW, he/they are probably of the same group that routinely cheat on their taxes, etc. - all the while, believing that his/their neighbors and co-workers will foot his/their share of the bill.

It really is quite remarkable that they can be so delusional. If all of civilized society behaved as they do, it certainly would be a pathetic existance.

Regards,

FoxHunter, Shame on you. Actually what I really want to say is stick your union comments up your A!?. You don't have the right to comment on the union until you pay your fair share.

You are either part of the solution or part of the problem. Being a non-member is bad enough. Do all of us a favor and keep your trap shut. Freedom Airlines is hiring I hear, and lucky for you they ARE non-union.
I like seeing such staunt support for our union. Just remember two things, MY UNION SPEAKS FOR ME and UNITY!

DornierPilot said:
Jethro,

I understand your thoughts about my use of the word "respect" - maybe it is too kind.

I just realize that joining is still "a choice". In my mind, there are NO good arguments to not join ALPA - any collective group will be more successful than each pilot standing alone. Having said that, a person does have the right to make bad choices.

Morally, it is reprehensible that FoxHunter babbles about this and that - in the end, we all know that any Non-Member that doesn't pay a Contract Maintenance Fee is just, sadly, a FREELOADER. Decent people will ALWAYS pay their own way. There is just no other way to spin his/their behavior.

BTW, he/they are probably of the same group that routinely cheat on their taxes, etc. - all the while, believing that his/their neighbors and co-workers will foot his/their share of the bill.

It really is quite remarkable that they can be so delusional. If all of civilized society behaved as they do, it certainly would be a pathetic existance.

Regards,

Thanks, I agree with you 100% now. Welcome to FedEx!:D

When I saw that Email I thought the SCP had forgot to logout of his computer, and someone was screwing with him. I didn't even know to what it was refering to until seeng this thread and rembering the MEC email. I wonder if it was mis addresed, instead of sending it to the MEC, he hit the all pilot button instead.

Suggestion

To all my fellow union brothers at FedEx, here's a little trick that you may want to use.

Click "User CP" on the left side of the screen towards the top,
Scroll down and click "Buddy/Ignore Lists",
and then add the name FoxHunter in the ignore box on the right.

It works like a champ! I only wish I didn't have to read the replies when he is quoted. The best part is, when (and if) he responds to this, I won't have to read that either!

I figure if he doesn't pay dues, whatever he says isn't worth my time. Have a great day!

Just some info from the union to put things in perspective:

3. Putting it in Perspective: In an SEC filing last week, FedEx detailed that four executives were granted nearly $33 million in stock options on June 1. With the stroke of a pen, four individuals were granted stock options that amount to half the value of our entire retirement contract proposal.

4. Shedding Light: A June 2 Commercial Appeal article attributed to FedEx the statement that "the most senior FedEx captains work 11 days a month". For clarification, we examined the June bid packs and determined that only 14 lines out of 935 total, or 1.5 percent, had lines of flying built to 11 days away from base.

Fox H,

97% plus of us are wrong to be in the union and are morons. Thank you for all your experience and wisdom. Take it elsewhere please.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back