• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Rock fight for FedEx?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I could care less if you quit yesterday, that still doesn't change the FACT that you're a NON-MEMBER free loader.

BTW, I'm not your "son", and I feel sorry if you do have any kids....what a pathetic example you've set if you do.......

Last edited:
sandman2122 said:
I could care less if you quit yesterday, that still doesn't change the FACT that you're a NON-MEMBER free loader.

BTW, I'm not your "son", and I feel sorry if you do have any kids....what a pathetic example you've set if you do.......

Easy Sonny. :) or should I call you Willie?

Los1 said:
Let's try this again ...

IGNORE!!!!
Los1

Sooooo...

Anybody hear anything else about the System Chief Pilot's tyrade? I keep waiting for a follow-up message with a "Sticks and stones may break my bones..." theme.

On a funnier note, perhaps you'd care to share your initial reaction when you read the e-mail. My reaction was, "Huh?!?! This guy is the chief pilot?!?!".

I finally got my R-days moved - - See you on the 23rd!

ONE MORE DAY OF RETRO PAY !

:)

The non members reluctance to pay is not the "from the day they join" dues.

If the non members do join, they must back pay all the dues they skipped out on. This adds up to a chunk of change. Perhaps when ALPA came back to FredEx there was an agreement that non members could join and start at zero.

Confirm or deny?

If this wasn't incentive to join, I don't know what would be?

One cannot buy character

Rez O. Lewshun said:
The non members reluctance to pay is not the "from the day they join" dues.

If the non members do join, they must back pay all the dues they skipped out on. This adds up to a chunk of change. Perhaps when ALPA came back to FredEx there was an agreement that non members could join and start at zero.

Confirm or deny?

If this wasn't incentive to join, I don't know what would be?

One cannot buy character
Deny.

When FPA merged into ALPA, there were several programs available. The first, and most obvious was for members in good standing of FPA - - they became members in good standing of ALPA.

Non-members and members not in good standing were given opportunities to sign promissary notes and repay back dues at a very, very reasonable rate. In some cases, the pilots would retire before the entire obligation would have been repaid. These programs would have put them in good standing, and their status would have transferred to ALPA.

Those who chose not to become members in good standing with FPA were given the opportunity to pay ALPA what they would have owed to FPA. This was practically identical to the previous program, but allowed the pilot to pay ALPA instead of FPA if he had some sort of objection to FPA. (I know of one pilot in particular that claimed to have a problem in principle with paying a dime to FPA, who claimed to be saving his "dues money" in case we were ever able to get ALPA back on the property, and who subsequently sued ALPA because his obligation to FPA was not erased. So much for his principles. He's a non-member.)

The pilot group at FedEx has been through a tough educational process. From its roots as a staunch opponent of organizing to it's current 97+% ALPA membership in an "open shop" workplace, there have been tremendous strides. Stragglers have always been offered a helping hand, and a generous path to getting with the program. There are no excuses left.

What I find most despicable today is the decision of a dues-paying member in good standing, a veteran of the profession that should know better, intentionally withdrawing his membership and commencing to throw stones from outside the wall. But I digress.

See you on the 23rd!

ONE MORE DAY OF RETRO PAY !

:)

And some of you doubt is this guy deserves the label of SCAB?!?!.. Take an old man whose been around the block, supported unions in the past, watched the slow erosion of lifestyle/compensation at FedEx, and then benefitted directly from a contract. Instead of quietly laying around soaking up the free ride, this scumbag, easily identifiable by name, finds a public forum and flames the men and the process under whose umbrella he is shielded from the sh1tstorm of current labor turmoil in aviation. Gentlemen, if you don't think he is a scab, or if you think there is a degree of difference between those who ACTIVELY undermine our legal right to negotiate an expired contract and those who have crossed a picket line, then it is time to step back and take another look at the big picture. A SCAB is a SCAB.

Take a closer look folks. Read his messsages. Why ignore or cease to encourage his opinion? Hear his pathetic excuses, learn his version of useless and wholly irrelevant history and it's impact on his participation, his assessment of the "value" of ALPA, his blatant attack on our right to negotiate and effect a new CBA, his promise of our assured failure because we lack his wisdom and experience. Learn this mantra because it is the silent but willfull disrespect directed at you, your families, and your union by ALL the other nonmembers at FedEx. This Scab differs only from the others only in that he is not smart enough to keep his freeloading, nonmember name out of the spotlight, choosing instead to berate and incite those whose dues support him. His nonmember friends, used to silent acceptance and the status quo, are assuredly horrified that one of their own is making waves while the rest of the slimy brethren are trying to slink through their careers without anyone noticing them, calling them out, or, God forbid, denying the privilege of a jumpseat. Those of you who continue to accept a nonmember for anything more than a Scab are guilty of complicity to the extent that your inaction breeds this kind of attack from the fringes. To fall back on the excuse that this isn't the "worst" kind of offender or not a "real" scab is to ignore the very fact that this is a member of our workgroup who wants us to fail. Your kind words, gentle encouragement, and quiet acceptance of these independent operators is the very reason they resist change. Instead of using the "ignore" feature, If possible I would opt for direct delivery of everything this scab says. Put the words with a name, and put the name with a face.

6Pak said:
And some of you doubt is this guy deserves the label of SCAB?!?!.. Take an old man whose been around the block, supported unions in the past, watched the slow erosion of lifestyle/compensation at FedEx, and then benefitted directly from a contract. Instead of quietly laying around soaking up the free ride, this scumbag, easily identifiable by name, finds a public forum and flames the men and the process under whose umbrella he is shielded from the sh1tstorm of current labor turmoil in aviation. Gentlemen, if you don't think he is a scab, or if you think there is a degree of difference between those who ACTIVELY undermine our legal right to negotiate an expired contract and those who have crossed a picket line, then it is time to step back and take another look at the big picture. A SCAB is a SCAB.

Take a closer look folks. Read his messsages. Why ignore or cease to encourage his opinion? Hear his pathetic excuses, learn his version of useless and wholly irrelevant history and it's impact on his participation, his assessment of the "value" of ALPA, his blatant attack on our right to negotiate and effect a new CBA, his promise of our assured failure because we lack his wisdom and experience. Learn this mantra because it is the silent but willfull disrespect directed at you, your families, and your union by ALL the other nonmembers at FedEx. This Scab differs only from the others only in that he is not smart enough to keep his freeloading, nonmember name out of the spotlight, choosing instead to berate and incite those whose dues support him. His nonmember friends, used to silent acceptance and the status quo, are assuredly horrified that one of their own is making waves while the rest of the slimy brethren are trying to slink through their careers without anyone noticing them, calling them out, or, God forbid, denying the privilege of a jumpseat. Those of you who continue to accept a nonmember for anything more than a Scab are guilty of complicity to the extent that your inaction breeds this kind of attack from the fringes. To fall back on the excuse that this isn't the "worst" kind of offender or not a "real" scab is to ignore the very fact that this is a member of our workgroup who wants us to fail. Your kind words, gentle encouragement, and quiet acceptance of these independent operators is the very reason they resist change. Instead of using the "ignore" feature, If possible I would opt for direct delivery of everything this scab says. Put the words with a name, and put the name with a face.

You've hurt my feelings.:) I'll just ignore your ignorance, history is a great teacher.:( BTW mr. braveheart put a name to your ID, I've never hidden mine. I guess we all understand you have reasons. Some day you may be able to gain some.

Unity

You FedEx pilots have only one thing that will help you get that industry leading contract and that is UNITY. There are no other unions in FedEx that will stand shoulder to shoulder with you if you should need their support. If the company sees any fracture within the pilot group, they will do all they can to exploit this and drive a wedge even deeper. It may only be 3% non-members, but that 3% sure does give the company options.

I expect to have an industry leading contract soon, and expect FedEx to raise the bar even higher. Keep up the good fight...

UPS DC8 said:
You FedEx pilots have only one thing that will help you get that industry leading contract and that is UNITY. There are no other unions in FedEx that will stand shoulder to shoulder with you if you should need their support. If the company sees any fracture within the pilot group, they will do all they can to exploit this and drive a wedge even deeper. It may only be 3% non-members, but that 3% sure does give the company options.

I expect to have an industry leading contract soon, and expect FedEx to raise the bar even higher. Keep up the good fight...

I support UPS and FedEx!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back