• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Rock fight for FedEx?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And some of you doubt is this guy deserves the label of SCAB?!?!.. Take an old man whose been around the block, supported unions in the past, watched the slow erosion of lifestyle/compensation at FedEx, and then benefitted directly from a contract. Instead of quietly laying around soaking up the free ride, this scumbag, easily identifiable by name, finds a public forum and flames the men and the process under whose umbrella he is shielded from the sh1tstorm of current labor turmoil in aviation. Gentlemen, if you don't think he is a scab, or if you think there is degree of difference between those who ACTIVELY undermine our legal right to negotiate an expired contract and those who have crossed a picket line, then it is time to step back and take another look at the big picture. A SCAB is a SCAB.

BoeingBoy said:
Easy solution to the non-member financial problem...'contract administration fee' which equals 1.95% of pay...eliminates the financial incentive for being a non-member...you don't have to join, but you have to pay if you wanna keep the job. APA got this feature added to the contract with AA after the acquisition of TWA when they were worried about having too many non-members. Eagle has had it for years. Works good, and if people refuse to pay, the company is required to release them.

ALPA does not have Agency Shop at FedEx and probably never get this included in a contract. A few year ago the company came to the union, FPA, with a reques for a LOA to ease some of the crew shortage due to the Postal Contract. It was my suggestion at the time that we should only ask one thing in return, "Agency Shop". Agency Shop is actually a zero cost item for any company. Our leadership, same as we have today was not interested. From what I recall we made a 32 page counter proposal which was DOA. No agreement, just the way we are heading again.

6Pak said:
And some of you doubt is this guy deserves the label of SCAB?!?!.. Take an old man whose been around the block, supported unions in the past, watched the slow erosion of lifestyle/compensation at FedEx, and then benefitted directly from a contract. Instead of quietly laying around soaking up the free ride, this scumbag, easily identifiable by name, finds a public forum and flames the men and the process under whose umbrella he is shielded from the sh1tstorm of current labor turmoil in aviation. Gentlemen, if you don't think he is a scab, or if you think there is degree of difference between those who ACTIVELY undermine our legal right to negotiate an expired contract and those who have crossed a picket line, then it is time to step back and take another look at the big picture. A SCAB is a SCAB.

Yes, I could sit back soaking up a free ride. I have chosen not to because I care about what happens at FedEx, and to the crew force here.

Some of you say that I have no say. I beg to disagree. As a nonmember I have every right to comment on what is going on at FedEx. As members you do not, unless it is in lock step with the direction of your leadership. At Tigers when we had the MEC making a fiasco with the dealing with Wolf there was a small group trying to change direction. One of the individuals was brought up on formal ALPA charges. He in the end was found not guilty. At that time I was in lock step with the MEC. As time went on I realized how foolish that was. Funny thing is that two of the Tiger ALPA leaders at that time were both on the nonmember list at FPA and then ALPA until the retired. One had actually served as an ALPA Executive VP. I guess they knew how to take a free ride.

You all appear very sensitive to any position counter to the line you have been fed by your leadership. I'm one individual taking a position. If I am wrong, time will prove it. If your leadership is correct I would be happy to pay my back dues and join.

FoxHunter said:
Yes, I could sit back soaking up a free ride. I have chosen not to because I care about what happens at FedEx, and to the crew force here.

Some of you say that I have no say. I beg to disagree. As a nonmember I have every right to comment on what is going on at FedEx. As members you do not, unless it is in lock step with the direction of your leadership. At Tigers when we had the MEC making a fiasco with the dealing with Wolf there was a small group trying to change direction. One of the individuals was brought up on formal ALPA charges. He in the end was found not guilty. At that time I was in lock step with the MEC. As time went on I realized how foolish that was. Funny thing is that two of the Tiger ALPA leaders at that time were both on the nonmember list at FPA and then ALPA until the retired. One had actually served as an ALPA Executive VP. I guess they knew how to take a free ride.

You all appear very sensitive to any position counter to the line you have been fed by your leadership. I'm one individual taking a position. If I am wrong, time will prove it. If your leadership is correct I would be happy to pay my back dues and join.

George, one of those guys you mentioned said that he would join ALPA if we ever got ALPA back on the property. As you said, he didn't. It turns out he was just a cheap ass pilot. I think you will be proven wrong this time, so you better start saving your money to pay your back dues.

FoxHunter,

I got lost in this thread. What exactly are trying to change at FedExby by not being a member? Why can't you make these changes by being a member? No flame, just wondering.

It sounds like you are upset over previous wrongdoings with the FedEx-Tiger merger and previous FPA/ALPA problems.

Since you are benefiting from the union, why don't you contribute to a charity with some of the dues you are not paying. That would go a long way toward making your decision look less self serving.

Don't know most of the members or non-members but I hope you all feel blessed by having good, stable jobs. Don't get too wrapped around the axle with contract negotiations, its not worth it.

FBJ

FH,

You won't pay **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** no matter the outcome. You are full of it though.

mongopilot said:
George, one of those guys you mentioned said that he would join ALPA if we ever got ALPA back on the property. As you said, he didn't. It turns out he was just a cheap ass pilot. I think you will be proven wrong this time, so you better start saving your money to pay your back dues.

Sorry to say I'm not wrong this time unless changes are made soon. Time will tell. I have the money waiting if needed.:)

C'mon y'all, stop making FoxHunter's day. He is stirring the pot and getting way to much fun out of it. Just let this thread die. The fire can't burn without fuel.

sandman2122 said:
I'm sure you do after all of those years of freeloading!

Son, I've been a nonmember since January 4, 2005. I was probably paying dues when you were still in liquid form.:)

Latest resources

Back