Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Got your Tractor?

Hey foxhunter!

Did Fred buy you a $28,000 John Deere tractor too?

Incredible.

MarketWatch
Market Pulse: Correct: FedEx grants $32M in options to executives
Friday June 3, 3:40 pm ET
By Padraic Cassidy

NEW YORK (MarketWatch) - FedEx Corp. granted its Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer Frederick W. Smith 250,000 stock options on June 1 with an exercise price of $89.70 each, according to a federal filing late Thursday. David J. Bronczek, head of FedEx Express, and other officers were granted a total of 114,750 options at the same price. Kenneth Masterson, the company's former general counsel, retired June 1 and entered into a two-year consulting agreement that includes tickets to Memphis Grizzlies games, a $65,000 golf club membership and a gift from FedEx of a $28,347 John Deere tractor . Shares of FedEx rose $1.06 to $91.25 Thursday. (Corrects figure for Frederick W. Smith to 250,000 stock options.)

Man, I finally got called for an interview at the end of the month....am I going to have to dodge gunfire and grenades in Memphis...lol....I'm scared now

SWPA Pilot said:
I must have missed an e-mail somewhere, which side is JL on as far as the rock throwing goes?
The e-mail which is the subject of this thread was authored by the System Chief Pilot. Many pilots want to think he is on their side.

I remind you of a portion of Captain Frake's story (Full story posted above):
This management team is not your friend. Certain folks out there misguidedly believe that these managers care about your personal well-being. Or perhaps some of you believe that if you have a job to do, and you carry it out in a fair-minded, professional manner, life will be swell. Let me repeat for those out there who still think Union representation is a waste of time and money: This management team is not your friend! You cannot hide behind fond memories of the good old days as I have, and you certainly can’t fantasize that Mr. Smith is somehow going to come to your rescue should your “six o’clock” get in trouble.

It appears that Capt Lewis has reacted to the letter from an MEC Officer that points out there are Seniority-Number-Holding pilots, working as managers, that sit on the Company's side of the Negotiationg Table, effectively negotiating against their fellow pilots.

If nothing else, the e-mail should give us insight into his true allegiance.

Foxleech

The thing that pi$$e$ me off about Foxleech and his ilk is that we all effectively pay more to cover his share which means that indirectly, my 9 yr old boy, 5 yr old girl, and 3 year old boy are underwriting his ability to exercise his rights under a contract including his ability to fly DFT and VLT. By my calculation, that makes them more of a man (collectively and individually) than he is.

Go away Foxleech... better yet, retire and get outta my seat...the new breed is in town and our blocks have 100% support and we aren't too old to start another career.

Last edited:
Talked to my wife last night about the whole Union thing. She deals with the NEA (National Education Ass) largest Union in America. She said that if a teacher chooses not to join the Union then that teacher doesn't get any representation or legal counsel. Her dad is a teacher and hates the NEA, but he knows that when a student or parent accuses him of some leagal action, (he coaches girls basketball) he will have the NEA to back him up. MY wife deals with the Senior reps at the NEA and they told her that some teachers who get into trouble and ask for leagal counsel are first looked at to make sure they are members. If they are not members then they are told good luck and come back and talk to us when you join the membership. They said why should they help out a nonmember with all the others members paying dues? If they helped out the non-members, then there would be no incentive to join the Union.
I feel ALPA should do the same. Why should my dues help protect another pilot who is not paying dues?
Let this happen to one pilot and see how fast they join the Union...

Rez O. No desrespect to you, but what if the Union would have told you, good luck on getting your job back, come talk to us later when you become a member. I am tired of my hard earned $ helping out someone who choose not to belong to the Ass... Lets do what the NEA does and tell the pilot "good luck, let us know how everything works out".

Laughing_Jakal said:
Go away Foxleech... better yet, retire and get outta my seat...the new breed is in town and our blocks have 100% support and we aren't too old to start another career.

Sorry Jakal, no plans to retire, keep quiet, or get out of the seat you some day may earn. Hope you soon advance past your Junior High mode.:) You just may get that opportunity to try a new line of work.

BTW, have you noticed how all weak pilots are among the strong ALPA suporters?

Weak Pilot's?

All you brave sh*hot scab pilots got it together right?? Weak pilot's my arse. The scabs (non-members) I've flown with in the Airbus are lousey pilots and have pathetic personalities......

Must get old being by yourself on layovers because no one wants to spend time with you since you're cheap.....

sandman2122 said:
All you brave sh*hot scab pilots got it together right?? Weak pilot's my arse. The scabs (non-members) I've flown with in the Airbus are lousey pilots and have pathetic personalities......

Must get old being by yourself on layovers because no one wants to spend time with you since you're cheap.....

Another Junior High Schooler!!! You are a perfect example at to why ALPA/or their avid supporters have Zero chance of signing a contract. All talk, childish talk at that, supported by each telling each other the same line of BS.

If I've been alone on layovers I have yet to notice. In any case I think I would prefer not joining you for dinner. I'm sure spending time on the flight deck with you would be more than enough. Pehaps you should make plans with Jakal so you can explore future emplyment opportunities.:)

Latest resources

Back