• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Robots Flying Cargo Aircraft?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Only AFTER the FAA approves them in the National Air Space. I worked with Predator in the Air Force Reserves until I retired last year and now I work with them at NASA... we can't even get approval to leave Edwards Air Force Base airspace. The FAA is totally afraid of UAV's. You don't have anything to worry about during this lifetime.

Predator is the bottom feeder UAV program. As noted in a previous post, Globalhawk has been routinely conducting trans Pacific and trans Atlantic flights. Just a little bit outside EAF airspace.

Bite My Shiny Metal...

Sometimes @0430 I feel like a robot. Kill all humans...Kill all humans...

Last edited:
The Neverending fear of Robots

This kind of thread just doesn't seem to end, so here's my 2 cents worth that I posted several months ago...

Automated Freighters = Lawyers Wet Dream!
Just wait til one of these (unmanned cargo) birds goes down in a residential neighborhood due to mechanical failure that the computers weren't programmed to handle (or any other unforseen complication!) and kill a few hundred to a few thousand people in their sleep. The trial lawyers will be on the freight company and the military like flies on $hit. Then you will see the newspapers gang up and say "Why was anyone stupid enough to think we could do without pilots?"

I for one would much rather place my trust in some hung-over (add your favorite airline name here) flight crew that snuck past the TSA breath sniffers to a computer program written by a long-haired, wet behind the ears kid fresh out of some tech school who's knowledge of aviation in all its intricacy came out of a few courses taught in his sophmore year. :puke:

Last edited:
The same reply as I posted in the UAV thread:

I guess if we were to go to "pilotless" airlines the terrorist's won't have to physically get into the cockpit to take over a flight. They'll just figure a way to hack into the system to fly more airplanes into buildings.

JMHO

AerroMatt vbmenu_register("postmenu_1156790", true);

You make me feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside....God Bless!

Hey Junior,

What is your point of posting this on only your third post on this site? Everyone can already see my bio. Maybe just a newbie gets carried away by it to think that I am merely a stupid truck driver.

'Nuff said.

Last edited:
Only AFTER the FAA approves them in the National Air Space. I worked with Predator in the Air Force Reserves until I retired last year and now I work with them at NASA... we can't even get approval to leave Edwards Air Force Base airspace. The FAA is totally afraid of UAV's. You don't have anything to worry about during this lifetime.

They are also crashing a boatload of UAV's in the middle east.

Latest resources

Back