• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Robots Flying Cargo Aircraft?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
But who in freight industry is going to buy NEW stuff?, maybe in 60 years when it is USED.

Swapable avionics. They'll buy it new.

5-10 years for the first tests.

CE

(it's not like airplanes can fly and land themselves)

Last edited:
It will only be concern at the larger cargo carriers that purchase brand new equipment. When acquistion costs for the pilot automation is less than the cost for keeping crews on the property then we will have crew obsolesence. I guess the new machines would be considered scabs and could be kept from the jumpseat lists and be in other ways harrassed. It might hurt their feelings and they will break down.

No way would it effect the bottom feeders -their just too cheap, and the cost for crews is far less than the automation would ever cost.

But be careful, with GW's intolerance of unions he might make it a regulatory requirement that all aircraft be flown totally by automation with operators located in India with a dial up connection.

It will only be concern at the larger cargo carriers that purchase brand new equipment. When acquistion costs for the pilot automation is less than the cost for keeping crews on the property then we will have crew obsolesence. I guess the new machines would be considered scabs and could be kept from the jumpseat lists and be in other ways harrassed. It might hurt their feelings and they will break down.

No way would it effect the bottom feeders -their just too cheap, and the cost for crews is far less than the automation would ever cost.

But be careful, with GW's intolerance of unions he might make it a regulatory requirement that all aircraft be flown totally by automation with operators located in India with a dial up connection.

"Hello Fedex 69 heavy, this is Floyd. It is a pleasure to be your technical rep for today. You are off course. How may I be of service to you? Please download for me your last diagnostic check and continue to remain on the line for more excellent service!"

Boohahahahaha!

Bottom feeders won't be affected?

Where do you think or this "obsolete" pilots are going to go after they loose their job??

Scube.

Within 20yrs of this happening there will be robots who will fly these jobs for less electricty then others.

Can you get furloughed as a UAV driver? What will be the madatory retirement age for UAV drivers? I think we need to start another "informal poll" right here on flightinfo.com and get everyone's opinion on the matter.

Let me see....

No hotel expense....
No per diem...
No complaining....
No retirement plan....
No duty time restrictions...

mmmnn.... this is not lucking good.:confused:

Scube.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back