"Roar from 44" on ASA travel benefits

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
uncle_rico said:
why don't you shove your "mainline" attitude up your a@#! As a commuter I am furious with you guys and the attitude you have. when times are bad you want everyone to suffer with you and "feel your pain". when times are good you will stomp on your mother to grab what everyone else might have.

Yes, your post really pissed me off....no I don't care if this gets me banned...you delta guys need some checking of ol' mother reality...she's about to crap on your head and the sound you will hear is me laughing.

P.S. This is the regional thread why are you posting here?

Man alive, this guy is a firecracker. Suuuuuu-wheeee. You need to start realizing son that everything DCI does revolve around MOTHER Delta. And, are you sure "she's about to crap on our head?" Have you read any court transcripts lately? Those lines in the USAToday were old news, and lately the quotes have gotten more testy towards the company. We'll see how that goes, but you need to stay off the chronic and quit crying.

And, I contributed $$$ to this forum, so I can post on the regional threads. How about you Rico?

Bye Bye--General Lee

L1011 Rules! said:
737 Pylt,

Let's have a reality check....I know your pain with the pay cuts!!! But less you forget that regional pilots make nothing and have sub par work rules as compared to the majors even with all the pay cuts and work rule concessions.

A lot of us started at the bottom too. As our salaries decrease closer to yours, it only makes sense that management will lower yours too. I would get your PIC and try to get on with Southwest or Continental as fast as you can.

Bye Bye--General Lee

If I wanted to fly from SLC to Billings to see my sister, I could get bumped out of any seat from any SkyWest employee.

Now General-
You wouldn't really stoop to riding on a SkyWest RJ would you? I think mainline has a flight to Bozeman. You would probably walk to BIL from there, and not dignify Ron or Jerry with your presence. I would think SkyWest would be below your station in life! ;-)

Willy21 said:
Tuna,
I was/am furloughed from Delta twice (2002 & 2003), it was a non-flying posistion but I am still not making what I made while I was at Delta. I just don't think it would not be fair for me to use my S3b as a furloughed Delta employee to get to work and bump an ASA pilot or flight attendent on an ASA flight. The pass priority on SKY has been S3c for Delta for a while now. Why is it an issue now? Delta needs to take care of their people first on Delta flights, and Skywest/ASA needs to take care of their employess first on their flights.

The point of the thread was that the rumor around ASA is that all the contract carriers will lose pass priviledges to the point that DAL employees, regardless of DOH, will be able to bump any contract carrier employee, regardless of DOH, off ANY aircraft carrying DAL colors. That is going to make a lot of people at the contract carriers upset, whether it's right or not. And as far as DAL taking all the risk and ASA or SKY or CHQ or whoever making a profit even if the plane goes out empty, who's idea exactly was that? Don't think it was ours, we just took advantage of it. Like of like finding a $20 blowing on the ramp. Most people are going to stop and pick it up.

atrdriver said:
The point of the thread was that the rumor around ASA is that all the contract carriers will lose pass priviledges to the point that DAL employees, regardless of DOH, will be able to bump any contract carrier employee, regardless of DOH, off ANY aircraft carrying DAL colors. That is going to make a lot of people at the contract carriers upset, whether it's right or not.

You are right, I don't believe DAL mainline employees should bump contract carriers off their own planes with regards to DOH. A DL mainline employee should come behind an ASA employee (regardless of seniority) when on an ASA flight, and vice versa on a DL mainline. I can see where DCI employees would be upset with this. I know I would.

rtmcfi said:
Now General-
You wouldn't really stoop to riding on a SkyWest RJ would you? I think mainline has a flight to Bozeman. You would probably walk to BIL from there, and not dignify Ron or Jerry with your presence. I would think SkyWest would be below your station in life! ;-)

Well, I have been jumping on the United 737-300 a lot from DEN to BIL because those guys "KNOW OUR PAIN." Man, SLC and DEN are swarming with those dang SkyWest jetz!!! (just jokin SkyWest dudes!) :) Ron must really feel "insulated" when he travels between those two airports!

Bye Bye--General Lee

If ASA employees start getting bumped off our own airplanes this issue is gonna get ugly. Pilots can't do much for non pilots but you can bet that a DAL nonrev is gonna get bumped before an ASA jumpseater.

Us vs Them (Passes)

Guys,

No need to get in a Pissing Contest over something that hasn't even happened. When you boil it down, does SKYW have priority on their planes (DAL codeshare)? You bet. What makes you think ASA is going to be different? I'll tell you what I think, BL and Grinchstien are Whipsawing the DAL vs ASA employees during a time when Everybody is scared of their jobs and benefits. They want this War of Threats it keeps them from having to face us when we are fighting amongst ourselves.

atlcrashpad,

You hit the nail right on the HEAD!

BL(LIAR) and GG are ROTF over all of this. BL admitted that they look at this forum.

701EV

tuna pimp said:
Delta: Pays ASA for each and every seat on each and every flight. Assumes all financial risks and losses on every departure. Bankrupt.

ASA: Paid a set fee (cost + profit) on each and every flight operated whether it's full or empty. Profitable.

Guess we know who has the better business model, huh?

Latest resources

Back