Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ifly4food

ifly4food.com
This was recently printed in the "Roar from 44", the official magazine of the DAL ALPA LEC 44/ATL.

"I wonder if our former "wholly owned subsidiary" is going to retain date-of-hire passes and continue to bump hard-working Delta folks off their own airplanes?"

Looks like the Delta pilots pushed for us to lose our flight benefits after all.

Real cute, huh? Thanks "DALPA". With friends like these, who needs enemies?

ifly4food said:
This was recently printed in the "Roar from 44", the official magazine of the DAL ALPA LEC 44/ATL.

"I wonder if our former "wholly owned subsidiary" is going to retain date-of-hire passes and continue to bump hard-working Delta folks off their own airplanes?"

Looks like the Delta pilots pushed for us to lose our flight benefits after all.

If you're no longer a wholly owned subsidiary, then sorry to say, but the time has come to lose those "date of hire" pass priveliges! BTW, nobody tried to push for you to "lose your flight benefits," but just the DOH!

ifly4food said:

Good grief. Do you really believe that you deserve the right to bump Delta employees off of their own planes? Ridiculous.

PCL_128 said:
Good grief. Do you really believe that you deserve the right to bump Delta employees off of their own planes? Ridiculous.

Yea really!

I don't know how DALPA put up with this in the first place! Some snot nose Comair Academy puke bumping hard working DAL pilots! UFB!!!

FutureTEDpilot said:
Yea really!

I don't know how DALPA put up with this in the first place! Some snot nose Comair Academy puke bumping hard working DAL pilots! UFB!!!

But it's OK for a Delta pilot to bump an ASA pilot off an ASA flight?? Iv'e seen this issue up close and personel many years ago and I'm here to tell you the knife cuts both ways.

PHXFLYR:cool:

PCL_128 said:
1. It is our understanding that the Delta employees also want a higher priority on ASA's flights under the theory that Delta owns that flying. We are talking ASA employees getting bumped off ASA's own airplanes.
2. Only a handful of ASA's employees are senior to any Delta employees. Amongst pilots, the number is less than 450 out of a total group of 25,000 plus pass riders. The idea that Delta employees "need" this superior handling to get ahead of ASA pilots is kinda rediculous.
3. ASA is part of a fully integrated brand with Delta AirLines. We are employees who should be serving a common goal and the same master. Separate and unequal treatment leads to just this sort of "we're better than them" employee bashing which ends up reducing the standards of this profession for all of us.

Delta should be faulted for setting up a system where competing alter ego companies and employees try to destroy eachother within the Delta brand. It is not healthy competition, it is destructive to the Company and the employees. How many ASA pilots do you see on this board talking about ways to save fuel, or provide better service to Delta, or our passengers? Of course the answer is very few. At Comair out stations they push Comair flights while letting ASA's flights run late. At ASA's stations the Comair flights get ignored. At Delta's stations either they treat your flight like a garbage barge, or treat you like a god (if their hate for other Delta operations out weighs their hatred for ASA operations). It is truly the most disfunctional place I've ever seen.

ALPA and the Delta pilots stoke the flames of hatred every chance they get. They don't realize that a handful of pass riders is insignificant and they don't care. It is another chance for the Delta MEC political machine to say "we are better than them."

I think these petty rivalries are a significant part of Delta's destruction. Rather than fixing things, Managers focus on shifting the blame around the system. There are plenty of alter ego managers running redundant operations to the point where no one is truly accountable to the passenger who buys our tickets.

So the Delta MEC manages to pi$$ off a senior ASA Captain who in effect has lost his pass benefits. He can't commute and a flight gets cancelled. Passengers get stuck, businessmen don't get home, but who cares? Is it bad Delta service? Bad ASA service? Bad SkyWest service? Who knows? All the passenger knows is that he has this problem less frequently on AirTran and so he starts flying with them.

I also work in the business world and the partners in my firm and our employees now have a strong preference for AirTran out of Atlanta. They like AirTran's service. AirTran tried alter ego flying and decided it wan't the way to go. I think they were correct. At least AirTran's employees are a lot happier than Delta's despite the fact they make less money.

PHXFLYR said:
But it's OK for a Delta pilot to bump an ASA pilot off an ASA flight?? Iv'e seen this issue up close and personel many years ago and I'm here to tell you the knife cuts both ways.

PHXFLYR:cool:

Good point!

That shouldn't happen either....

737 Pylt said:
If you're no longer a wholly owned subsidiary, then sorry to say, but the time has come to lose those "date of hire" pass priveliges! BTW, nobody tried to push for you to "lose your flight benefits," but just the DOH!

why don't you shove your "mainline" attitude up your a@#! As a commuter I am furious with you guys and the attitude you have. when times are bad you want everyone to suffer with you and "feel your pain". when times are good you will stomp on your mother to grab what everyone else might have.

Yes, your post really pissed me off....no I don't care if this gets me banned...you delta guys need some checking of ol' mother reality...she's about to crap on your head and the sound you will hear is me laughing.

P.S. This is the regional thread why are you posting here?

Fins, I certainly agree with you that Delta employees shouldn't be bumping ASA employees off of ASA airplanes. That's absolutely a double-standard, and it should be corrected if that's the case.

You say that DALPA shouldn't be concerned with this because the number of ASA employees that can bump them is "insignificant." Well, that's a matter of perspective. If you're a Delta employee trying to get home for the holidays and you have one flight left that night, how significant do you think it would be if a senior ASA employee walked up and bumped you off of your own airplane and prevented you from getting home? I'm sure that employee wouldn't find it insignificant.

Latest resources

Back