Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Jetdriver69

High Speed, Low Drag
I got asked by a US oceanic controller while coasting in from Cape Verde what RNP we were. We are 10, but she very much wanted to know if we were RNP 4 so she could reduce the spacing requirement for a reroute. Is there many Part 91 guys out there who got the upgrade and LOA to fly RNP 4? Thanks.

From what I've been told we contacted our FSDO and have begun the process of obtaining our letter.

I'll check into to it.

RNP 4 requires CPLDLC so i don't think there will be to many corp operators able to achieve RNP 4.

It will be a long time before RNP 4 becomes compulsory.

We looked into a retrofit, but it is very cost prohibitive. Is CPDLC an option on the newest model G550, Falcon 9x, Global or the new G650?

Last edited:
We looked into a retrofit, but it is very cost prohibitive. Is CPDLC an option on the newest model G550, Falcon 9x, Global or the new G650?

I'm pretty sure that it is. Also, I think it's available on any aircraft with the new honeywell 820 FMS head and 6.1 software. Not sure about collins though

Last edited:
I was mistaken. I talked with our maint guys and they said Gulfstream is holding on to 6.1 software which will also give us WAAS capability until later this year. I guess after that version comes out, we will technically have RNP 4, but still have to get the LOA.

Latest resources

Back