• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

RJ's and the WO's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
328, I assume that you work for PSA. Any chance you will post the highlights (or low lights) of your new contract? Pay, workrules ect. thanks
-Cape

Well, I get mixed info here. I am waiting for a class date at PDT and I keep hearing that its over, or you could be out here next month. I have some friends furloughed there and waiting to come back. The question is, am I screwed or does anyone think that this will work out. This j4j sounds like a real $hitty deal for the WO's but great for the mainline boys and girls. The PSA info line sounds like all of the WO's are back to square zero with the way he is talking (Seagull). I am getting a little scared about it, been a roller coaster for the last 6 months. Obdviously the first concern is getting those fuloughs back, and then HOPEFULLY me. Any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks

beantown:
What specific stuff do you want to know? There isnt anything really outstanding in the new contract. Concessions were ratified a few weeks ago. .75% pay cut for captains, none for FOs. perdiem went back to 1.30 i think. and insurance went up...a few other things...in return we got southwest's commuting policy, unlimited jumpseats, and passes for furloughee's (instead of just 3 months) if that happens, and i think some other stuff...

flyinhard:
how does the hotline sound bad? it could have been "we will give all of the jets to the contract carriers and you will all be out of a job." J4J does suck, but what is the alternative. Be out of a job? if i have to guess, no one will be on the street here. Mainline people will have one chance to get the seats. If we go down the mainline list and dont fill half of the jet seats then J4J is over. They cant come back a year later and say, well we want those seats now. A lot of people are going to go to Mid Atlantic. I dont think any of those mainline guys will enjoy sitting reserve here with our work rules. I cant wait to see the look on their face when scheduling says "pack for 6 days, we got a trip for ya". Alot of people are unhappy about the flow through too. Everyone tells me "look at eagle and co ex, no one has ever flowed up". True, but the U flow means that U will never hire again. That is a huge difference from the other 2 companies. True some senior guys wont be able to or want to flow up. But for the younger guys, it is a good deal. Am i just crazy or am i missing something?

I may have misinterpreted what seagull said than. Thanks for the info, the wait still continues. Have to count my blessings that I am still flying now I guess. With the industry the way it is, you take what you can. Thanks again!

Everyone tells me "look at eagle and co ex, no one has ever flowed up". True, but the U flow means that U will never hire again. That is a huge difference from the other 2 companies.

D328Pilot

I've heard bits and pieces of the agreement. Would you mind elaborating on what the agreement actually says in regard to the flow..

Thanks

The way the flow through works is: 1. any WO that signs J4J will be put on a "combined" DOH seniority list for participating WO's. If PSA is the only participating WO, then that's it. Contract carriers cannot flow through even if they sign J4J. 2. After all the furloughed mainline guys have gone to or passed up the offer to go to MidAtlantic (MDA), then WO pilots can flow to MDA. When you flow to MDA you keep your date of hire from the WO for pay and benefits at MDA. 3. After all furloughed mainline pilots have gone back to mainline or said they want to stay at MDA, then WO pilots can flow up to mainline, but start over at first year pay and benefits. Mainline pilots can pass up seats at the WO's to go straight to MDA. WO pilots don't have to go to MDA, they can stay at the WO and then go straight to mainline when all mainline pilots in front of them have either passed up going back to mainline or have flowed up. Got it?

I dont have a copy of the agreement but this is what i can remember. Pilots from the wholly owneds will be able to flow to Mid Atlantic who in turn can flow to mainline. The big difference between this and the eagle/co ex flow throughs is that it is a 100% flow through. Meaning that if you want to work for mainline, you have to start at a wholly owned. I guess in a way, this combines seniority lists with us stapled at the bottom. If we get jets, it is a good deal for everyone. The senior guys who will retire here, will be able to make decent money, and the younger guys will be able to flow to mainline. In my case, all i have to do is wait for a whole lot of guys to hit 60. oh and have the company survive....i guess that is kinda important too.

The penguin explained it better

".75% pay cut for captains, none for FOs. perdiem went back to 1.30 "
----------------------------------------------

328, 75% pay cut? Am I reading that wrong? What are the 1st and 5th year FO and Cpt rates for the prop and the jet? Is there just one jet rate? I heard that Woerth signed the TA last week, True? What about PDT and ALG, What do there TA's look like in terms of 1st and 5th year jet rates? thanks again for any info.
-Bean

Beantown.... 0.75% pay cut for captains. Yes our TA was signed some time ago.
30-36 seat. 1 yr FO 20.00
5 yr FO 27.75
1 yr CP 39.00
5 yr CP 45.00
50-59 seat 1 yr FO 20.00
5 yr FO 33.05
1 yr CP 48.00
5 yr CP 60.29
Jets top out at 94.54 at 16 years. Concessions do not affect the jet rates. there are no rates for any jets under 50 seats. ie, 50 is the smallest we will get.
From my understanding, PDT is getting close to finishing everything. I hear ALG is not in a good position at all. Sept. 3 is the deadline now. If it is not done by then, the court will decide. If i had to guess.....jets will go to PSA and PDT. just my guess.

Flyinghand, I tried very hard to make it clear to everyone what seagal ment when I recorded the hotline message on the 20th. Although there were alot of topics that I was not able to release on it, the guys already posting here are pretty much dead on with whats in store for the wholly owned.

Someone mentioned that U would not recieve RJ's till March of 2003 (projected emergence from Chap 11). That's true, but for Mid Atlantic. Things are going more slowely then projected, buth they are making progress. As far as when PSA see's jets, cant say......(confidential)

Mike
PSA Comm

Latest resources

Back