Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

WSurf

The Smack Down!
Heard from a source of the US Airways MEC Mainline, that the WO's PSA,PDT,ALG are gonna get a total of 150 CRJ's. Piedmont already has a CRJ AQP training program and the head of our training department was invite to sit in on the RJ's talks. But the kicker is that they will be configured to 44 seats with a small business class in the A/C. The 44 seats scopes the mainline guys and the jets for jobs, mainline furlough would operate the 50 seats or more. So it looks like a bunch of jets are on the way...heheheh I will believe it when I see it.

This is some info our union got from Dave's roadshow in PIT last week. If you want more specific info, listen to the PSA hotline.
90 seat rjs go to mainline
70 seat rjs go to mid atlantic
50 and below will go to the wholly owned as long as financing can be found. Jets will only go to contract carriers if financing cannot be found. And as always, only to the participating J4J carriers. Unions have until 3 sep to ratify concessions. After that, the future is up to the judge.

Jets will only go to contract carriers if financing cannot be found.

Do you think there will be enough financing made available to get all the jets needed? I can't see that happening at this stage of the game.

The contract carrier I work for has been approached on numerous occasions by mainline concerning jets. We're not union, so we don't get a say. Management will jump at it if they get the go ahead. Rumor is that ALPA was at HQ last week discussing union/non union pilot integration.

I hope to see those jets at the WOs soon!

From what I understood, when the company filed Ch 11, it made almost 2 billion free that would have been used to pay debts. And I am not sure how much Texas Pacific is going to put in. I herd about 500 million. But I dont think that will be used for rjs. It sounds like there are a lot of people there willing to invest money in U right now...So i do think there will be plenty of money. Rumor is that PSA will begin proving runs in October. 4 jets a month...Like i said it is rumor but there are "strong indications" that will happen...MEC is bound by a confidentality agreement so like i said, it is "rumor"

PDT and AQP????

I may be wrong here but to get AQP don't you need the specific equipment and be able to PROVE your AQP program works? (at least once or twice???)

The requirments to obtain AQP are not as easy as let's sit down and write a program based on what you "think" you may be doing or getting.

I do know PDT has a AQP program for the DHC-8 and it has been around for years. They are really proud of there AQP program (and should be) .

Again, I could be wrong...

Re: PDT and AQP????

dondk said:
I may be wrong here but to get AQP don't you need the specific equipment and be able to PROVE your AQP program works? (at least once or twice???)

The requirments to obtain AQP are not as easy as let's sit down and write a program based on what you "think" you may be doing or getting.

I do know PDT has a AQP program for the DHC-8 and it has been around for years. They are really proud of there AQP program (and should be) .

Again, I could be wrong...

Yes, before you get an AQP program you must first have a Single Visit Training Program. This program requires you to compile a lot of performance data on the flight crews in training. The AQP program comes after the SVT program is successful.

PSA & RJs

Good information guys! But I heard that the WO the signed up for the Jet for Jobs was PSA. MidAtlantic are getting most of the RJs and PSA should get the rest. PDT and ALG has not signed up for the J4J yet.

Thats just what I heard, i may be totally wrong.

"Rumor is that PSA will begin proving runs in October. 4 jets a month...Like i said it is rumor but there are "strong indications" that will happen...MEC is bound by a confidentality agreement so like i said, it is "rumor""
------------------------------------------

I thought that no one at U (wo's and Mid Atlantic) were going to get RJ's until U got out of BK and that is not until the begining of 03. How is PSA going to pay for these 4 rjs a month? -Cape

See the above post. The money that was being used to pay current aircraft leases is now free due to Ch 11. I guess the court is ok with this as part of the "overall" plan. I saw the Reuters article that said no jets until after Ch. 11 is over. Aparently that is not true....i guess this is the first time the press has been wrong. Surprise surprise. Plus there are a number of outside investors that are willing to dump money into U...Texas Pacific being one of them. They did a good job with Continental and America West.

Latest resources

Back