RJ`s for AirTran

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's a conspiracy!

Somehow the company has bad data for you and you can't go to FPO so now you get to participate?

I wanna know how you got that data changed so I can get out of going to FPO sometime.
Getting out of doing FPO would have been fine... if they would have pay protected me for it.

If not, I'd rather be flying than lose 4 hours of pay or have to fight in grievance the next 2 years to get it.

It's not a conspiracy... we just have incompetent people in low-level positions who screw things up and supervisors who hate pilots and look forward to screwing them over. Thought I was done with that kind of behavior when I came here... evidently not.

sniff, sniff.....
Flamebait!

Yeah, pretty much.

InstructorDude, you're going to have to buy a new screen name and change your Sophomoric posts if you want to really get any real responses to your crap.

Your cover is blown, your goose is cooked, and no one's buying any.

Good luck out there,,, LOL

Personally, I think this is doing a BEAUTIFUL job of uniting the pilot group! :)

YGTBSM!!! "Uniting" and "Pilots"?? These 2 words do not belong in the same sentence.
icon27.gif

Thanks, I appreciate the jab from an American Eagle guy that isn't on the MEH property yet. BTW how much longer does eagle have on that wonderful decade(s) long contract?

actually in a down turn the decades long contract (with all it's obvious flaws) is working out well. besides with all of the flowbacks and flight attendants we are TWA Eagle (or tweagle as they call it), get it right.

My buddy just spoke with the union reps. and he says the CO. wants to open an RJ base in BOS and MKE. The part that has me so pissed off with whole thing is our union thinks the 86 seat scope was such a big win for us. The CO wanted 100 seats. Well let me tell you they got it! 100 seat RJ with business class pushes down to 86 seats. Every major carrier is bringing these aircraft back on property and we are giving them way. When are we going to learn?

All I can say these guys must of gotten promised something really nice to sell us out the way they did.

VOTE NO!!!!!!!!:angryfire

When Joe Leonard came into our class when I was hired, we asked about AAI interest in flying the RJ here. He responded by saying that a 50 seat RJ is not economical and that the only way we would have an RJ on property is if it had 70 seats or more. The break even point on the RJ these days with the fuel price is around 70 seats.

There are many concessionary points in this TA that I do not like, but scope is a huge contention for me with a "NO VOTE." If we give MGT an inch on this issue, they will try to take a mile.

NO VOTE!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Good first post, BB. If people aren't worried about Scope, they should get out more.

They could start by going to airlinepilotpay.com and looking at the majors section, counting aircraft on property, then going to the regionals section and seeing how many aircraft THEY have on property operating in that major airline's colors... along with the pay rates.

Eye opening.

JUST SAY NO!

Lets get one thing straight. If your talking and E190 - 195 its no RJ. CEOs love to group it in with RJs but it is not. The 190 has a Max Gross of 114,200 flies at 410 and had range of 2000miles. It does every thing the 737 200, DC-9, F100 does only better and more efficient. The 717 is so close to what this ac does I cant help but believe it is just a way for the pilots to do the exact same job for 25% less. My hope is that over time this will be recognized and put more pressure to raise the pay rates across the board. If this was a Boeing 190 or Airbus 190 we would not be having these discussions. Bottom line is dont be fooled by the name Embraer.

actually in a down turn the decades long contract (with all it's obvious flaws) is working out well. besides with all of the flowbacks and flight attendants we are TWA Eagle (or tweagle as they call it), get it right.

You think you have a good contract at Eagle?!? Please, don't give us any more advice on contract issues at AirTran.

Lets get one thing straight. If your talking and E190 - 195 its no RJ. CEOs love to group it in with RJs but it is not. The 190 has a Max Gross of 114,200 flies at 410 and had range of 2000miles. It does every thing the 737 200, DC-9, F100 does only better and more efficient. The 717 is so close to what this ac does I cant help but believe it is just a way for the pilots to do the exact same job for 25% less. My hope is that over time this will be recognized and put more pressure to raise the pay rates across the board. If this was a Boeing 190 or Airbus 190 we would not be having these discussions. Bottom line is dont be fooled by the name Embraer.

Agreed, that is why need to get them on property with us flying them so we can fix the rates. Jetblue has alreay set the pay scale for these airplane and Usair followed. But they are flying them not a regional were you loose control.

Latest resources

Back