RJ`s for AirTran

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

RIDETHELIGHTING

My buddy just spoke with the union reps. and he says the CO. wants to open an RJ base in BOS and MKE. The part that has me so pissed off with whole thing is our union thinks the 86 seat scope was such a big win for us. The CO wanted 100 seats. Well let me tell you they got it! 100 seat RJ with business class pushes down to 86 seats. Every major carrier is bringing these aircraft back on property and we are giving them way. When are we going to learn?

All I can say these guys must of gotten promised something really nice to sell us out the way they did.

VOTE NO!!!!!!!!:angryfire

You guys need a 90% or higher a NO vote, and send a good message to management and more importantly your union leadership.

this is karma (especially for karma police) for all the rj "growth" cracks about MEH. as forklift joe said, "Imitation is the sincerist form of flattery."

vote no on the TA.

Absolutely. I REALLY, REALLY wish I was going to be available in ATL for the P2P meeting tomorrow or even available by phone but I have a 11.5 hour duty day with exactly 8 hours of scheduled flying (God knows what they'd do to me with a 13 hour day).

Someone PLEASE, PLEASE bring this up and verify it from AP, the BOD, and the NC.

I agree though, I'd love to fly as an RJ CA for AirTran... at existing SNB CA rates. Remember folks, crew CASM is (on industry average) less than 1.5% (that's .015) of the total CASM to operate any jet aircraft. That number comes directly from ALPA's EF&A department.

JUST SAY NO! Current book means we operate them and gives us yet another bargaining chip since they want them so badly. No need to rush, just stay focused and unified.

Personally, I think this is doing a BEAUTIFUL job of uniting the pilot group! :)

My buddy just spoke with the union reps. and he says the CO. wants to open an RJ base in BOS and MKE. The part that has me so pissed off with whole thing is our union thinks the 86 seat scope was such a big win for us. The CO wanted 100 seats. Well let me tell you they got it! 100 seat RJ with business class pushes down to 86 seats.

If I'm reading scope correctly, 20% of our ASM's can be farmed out with only 1/2 of that (or 10%) for 79-86 seaters. With that being said, how many aircraft does that come out to? If this is true and they want to open RJ bases, then I assume that most of the flying will be done by AAI. With that being said,

1.The real deal is RJ pay.
2. How many can they get and how fast?
3. Presumably, at 30-40% lower pay rates than the 717, you would think they would move pretty quickly to replace 717's. Can they do this cost effectively and is this what they really want to do? Anybody got any ballpark numbers.

If they're willing to pay top dollar for the leases, they can get 190's or 195's at about 2 per month starting 5-6 months from now after getting fast-track FAA approval for the training program and ops specs authorization.

I'm not hearing that this is a 717 replacement, I'm hearing that this is the growth vehicle for smaller market growth so they don't have to compete head-to-head with SWA and wait until the Midwest deal is done which may take another year or two if the BOD doesn't go for it at this meeting and they have to elect another 3 officers to the MEH BOD next year to gain control.

Once they have a city to grow larger SNB's again, the 737 deliveries will resume.

This is all pure heresay from the people currently in training right now but the instructors are Alteon usually know before we do...

And yes, I hear the pay rates are absolutely abysmal.

At our current ASM's, I understand no more than 15-20 aircraft configured from 79-86 seats with the new T.A., assuming a 9 block hour average per aircaft per day. That's also heresay from the people who are more mathematically inclined than I am on current ASM's.

Personally, I'm not for ANY give-backs on Scope. That's why my vote is as follows:

http://home.earthlink.net/~lear70/No_TA_final.jpg

If there's an A on the tail, AirTran pilots are flying it. Period.

i am off tomorrow....can anybody go to the p2p meeting...im not p2p
No, unfortunately not.

P2P reps only, and they emailed us with the call-in code to listen in on the conference call.

Sorry...

Hope someone else can post the minutes of the call...

My buddy just spoke with the union reps. and he says the CO. wants to open an RJ base in BOS and MKE. The part that has me so pissed off with whole thing is our union thinks the 86 seat scope was such a big win for us. The CO wanted 100 seats. Well let me tell you they got it! 100 seat RJ with business class pushes down to 86 seats. Every major carrier is bringing these aircraft back on property and we are giving them way. When are we going to learn?

All I can say these guys must of gotten promised something really nice to sell us out the way they did.

VOTE NO!!!!!!!!:angryfire

1 Guess on which "RJ" operator will get the contract.

Latest resources

Back