Riding on USAir

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

glasspilot

So, I commuted to work today on US Air. Rode on mainline first leg (A320), then an RJ run by PSA.

I got a complaint and would like to see what ya'll think:

Where do they get off making me sit through a five and a half minute "infomercial" for their stupid USAir MasterCard?

I don't think it's fair that they lock you into a metal tube and FORCE you to listen to an advertisement for their crap. I can't think of any other place where it's okay to force someone to listen to your commercial. If I'm watching TV and an ad comes on I can change channels or even turn it off. If I'm at the movies and a commercial is in the trailers I can at least walk out. Printed ads I can simply ignore. My point is I have options.

How is it okay for them to put you in a place where you can not escape and blast their nonsense over the PA?

Oh, and that's another point. It's the PA right? Every flight they tell you that "FAA regulations REQUIRE ALL passengers to comply with crewmembers instructions". So now it's a federal law that I listen to their infomercial? How is that right?

Who could you even complain to? USAir? Master Card? The FAA? My congressmen? Some advertising watchdog group? I don't know, I just don't think it's right. There should be a law.

So, what do ya'll think?

Have you ever heard of a thing called a book? Makes the commute somewhat do-able. And earplugs, invest in some of those.

I think it's PSA that won"t allow you to use your airplane mode on your Blackberry. You have to turn it off completely. I just ignore to FA on that one. Were do they get off making up their own PS rules?

So, I commuted to work today on US Air. Rode on mainline first leg (A320), then an RJ run by PSA.

I got a complaint and would like to see what ya'll think:

Where do they get off making me sit through a five and a half minute "infomercial" for their stupid USAir MasterCard?

I don't think it's fair that they lock you into a metal tube and FORCE you to listen to an advertisement for their crap. I can't think of any other place where it's okay to force someone to listen to your commercial. If I'm watching TV and an ad comes on I can change channels or even turn it off. If I'm at the movies and a commercial is in the trailers I can at least walk out. Printed ads I can simply ignore. My point is I have options.

How is it okay for them to put you in a place where you can not escape and blast their nonsense over the PA?

Oh, and that's another point. It's the PA right? Every flight they tell you that "FAA regulations REQUIRE ALL passengers to comply with crewmembers instructions". So now it's a federal law that I listen to their infomercial? How is that right?

Who could you even complain to? USAir? Master Card? The FAA? My congressmen? Some advertising watchdog group? I don't know, I just don't think it's right. There should be a law.

So, what do ya'll think?

I'd be glad that you hve a job that allows you to listen to it and have the gull to complain. There are a lotta guys at home listing to thier kids ask how they're gonna eat this week.

Show a little backbone.

This post woulda been funny 2 years ago.

Last edited:
I'm with glass. They are not going to force-feed me their crap without my putting up a fight. I'll do ANYTHING and EVERYTHING to avoid their commercials. When I drop a tray table and there's an ad on it, I'm prepared to (at a minimum) cover it immediately. And I'm guilty of having peeled off more than one of their stupid ads. So sue me. I'm certain I'm pi$$ing in the wind, but I've gone as far as e-mailing USAir and letting them know that when it is MY choice on airlines for me or my family, they're last on the list.

I certainly feel for the FA's that are tasked with the hard sell.

I'd be glad that you hve a job that allows you to listen to it and have the gull to complain. There are a lotta guys at home listing to thier kids ask how they're gonna eat this week.

Show a little backbone.

This post woulda been funny 2 years ago.

Okay, that put it in perspective. Sorry to the folks looking for work. This is trivial. Still chaps my ass, but I'll think your very valid point next time.

Latest resources

Back