• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Riddle and bridge agreements?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CX880....is an obvious Riddle hater and a flame bait provider.

Few riddle grads got a job with low time through the bridge programs.
Most Riddle grads had to build experience like everybody else. I had 1500 total/300 multi for my first Airline job.
There were a lot of other low time programs like gulfstream, ATP, JetU,
Mesa....

First year airline pilots need attitude/skill adjustment regardless of their backgrounds.

No, i dont see anything wrong with reading Nuts. That's a business book. Maybe it will help you with your condescending attitude and be more positive.

CX880....is an obvious Riddle hater and a flame bait provider.

Few riddle grads got a job with low time through the bridge programs.
Most Riddle grads had to build experience like everybody else. I had 1500 total/300 multi for my first Airline job.
There were a lot of other low time programs like gulfstream, ATP, JetU,
Mesa....

First year airline pilots need attitude/skill adjustment regardless of their backgrounds.

No, i dont see anything wrong with reading Nuts. That's a business book. Maybe it will help you with your condescending attitude and be more positive.

Please the only reason you read nuts as a pilot is so that you have an upper hand at the interview. Make sure to go in your bright red colored boxers and wear them on the outside so that they can see your fun loving personality. LOL

What ever happened to working to build experience to work for the airlines? Just because you have a commercial license doesn't mean it's a ticket to the airlines. I flight instructed for over 3 years when I was going through college. By the time I graduated college I had 2300 total and 275 multi. I had more time than nearly all the captains that were upgrading at the time when I got hired at the regional airlines.

There are ways to build time...you just have to put in the effort. It's called working for something.

What is it about my posts that so many misunderstand. I am not in support of 500 hour new hires, but in order to attract these 1000 plus hour people, the pay structures will have to change. Very few people will build 2300 hours and 275 multi all for a job that these days pays 30 grand or so as a regional FO, and in many cases you will be a regional FO for many years. Not to mention most new hires these days will never make it to a Major airline, thanks to the mainline folks giving up scope and as a result we have 53% of the flights in the air right now, flown by the scumbag regionals. The numbers just don't add up. There will never be enough jobs at the majors for all of the regional folks that want to go.

You don't know what I effin sacrificed for this dead end career, unbeknownst
to me at the time that it was going to be a dead end career. So if you want to call someone out about working for something, I suggest you look elsewhere!

Last edited:
A little saracasm never hurt anyone.. I just try to point out (even though it won't matter) that it's annoying when people bag on the school I went to for no meaningful reason. That's all. Enjoy your day.

I'm with ya. Unfortunately, some of these guys come out of graduation with an ego waaaay beyond their ability to handle it...giving most of us Riddle Rat grads a bad name. I don't think I was ever like that...I have always been humbled and felt fortunate.

I'm proud to have graduated from Riddle...but...not happy about still paying for it. :0

All,

I didn't mean to start a Riddle flame thread. I know the bad rap the school gets, and it's sad actually. I just separated from the Navy after 4 years, and Riddle is one of the schools that will be paid for 100% by the new GI Bill. I never thought I would actually get to go to a school like Riddle, but if it's free why not. I did time in the military, I've spent time growing up and fighting a war. I'd consider myself humble and grateful. I honestly didn't know with the current industry if these bridge programs still existed. Honest question really.

Cheers!

Spend that GI money on something worth while. If you just have to fly then pick a career that makes enough money to buy and operate a plane.

I'm sorry but you're too late to the party. The band has left and the cops are on the way.

I'll never forget a riddle diddle in my 121 class who asked the instructor about how to get clearance when there's no clearance delivery at an airport. (no clearance frequency)

You sure he was not a 20 year military retiree?

Latest resources

Back