• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ricci is out at FLOPS!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"You have exhibited very specific knowledge about one of the three types of aircraft that RTA operated, info that you would not have known without having an aircraft checklist of AFM in your hands. "

FracPilot,

Not sure what you are talking about. What specific knowledge are you talking about? I know a little about a lot of aircraft from large to small.

Your items:

1. to much time on my hands, I do spend a little time looking over the post, keeps me in-touch.

2. I speak with my friend almost everyday he is home and sometimes when he is on the road.

3. NO

4. NO

I really do not mean to affend anyone. Sorry that you take it that way.

Not sure what you are talking about. What specific knowledge are you talking about? I know a little about a lot of aircraft from large to small.

Cut and pasted from a message dated Jan 10, 2003:

If you look at the numbers say for a Hawker, landing wt. 21000, standard day, sea level, calm winds the landing distance is 2473, landing field dry is 4121, landing field wet is 4740. You can almost land the Hawker on a dry runway of 5000 feet and landing weight of 21000 lbs and never use breaks.

Pretty specific numbers. Also, in one of your other posts back in Nov, you were asking about NJA interview schedules. Which frac is it you worked for? It must not have been NJA, you claim it was not RTA or FO, so it must have been Flex or CS. So which was it?

Not offended

I really do not mean to affend anyone. Sorry that you take it that way.

Missed this part. I don't take offense to some nameless, faceless person spewing BS on the internet. I do wonder why you must claim to be somebody you are not. Why not just admit who you are, and your true motives?

Hel! FracPilot, I guess I was a few hours too late, you took the words right out of my mouth!!! I'd be willing to bet Aspiring is one of the grumpy old turds listed on the lawsuit by the former RTA pilots who were "wrongfully terminated" by Options. His friends he speaks so highly of are probably the other folks listed. And the ones on the road he talks to regularly? The former RTA folks out there pushing the IBT. And time on his hands due to his health? I think not. The writing is on the wall. Bummer it took a couple of days to dig through his shat. Sorry Aspiring, you'll never be seen in our God-awful ties again. Thanks for playing though.

Last edited:
FracPilot,

The numbers are specific. My friend gave me a disk with all the performance data. He was flying the Hawker. The program is a good program that allows you to figure date easily. I have never worked for FLOPS; I use to work for a small local fractional and 135 operator flying Lears.

AS you know I wrote that in response to a poster that was stating the great danger and the required runway when landing without anti-skid. I felt like the post was misleading and was full of bad information. As I stated then a normal landing other than no anti-skid on a dry runway should not be considered as a big deal. How many times have you had the anti-skid to activate on landing on a dry runway?

Making statements that go against what I believe and know can provoke a response from me. If I can find the facts I do not mind doing a little checking to see that what I write is as correct as I know how to make it. .

He has the clap,

One of my friends as I have stated was one of those that was wrongfully terminated. He is on the road as he is now working for another fractional, the one that works with a contract. The same fractional that many have left FLOPS to go to work for. I have never had a tie from FLOPS.

I have tried not to bad mouth FLOPS other than the way they have treated my friend and others. I will post when someone like you calls me down or makes what I believe to be a false statement.

I must conclude from your statement that you do not believe that FLOPS “wrongfully terminated” some of the RTA pilots. Could it be that you just do not care, after all you were not affected?

Aspiring to be said:
He is on the road as he is now working for another fractional, the one that works with a contract.

You are so wrong they might have had a contract. They don't have one yet. Thay may still have the IBT and sending dues in. No contract yet. It hasn't been ratified yet. So therefore they are working without a contract. MAYBE by the 2-year mark they might have one again. I stress MAYBE.

So tell us why your "friend" is part of the law suit if he doesn't want to come back. Just shows what kind of cry babies there are out there that need a union. So they can b!tch about what color there plane or tie is.

Dep676,

You are so wrong; ask an EJA pilot if they are operating under a contract. EJA has a contract, one that is now being negotiated for change but the contract remains in force. You must be very young and without much experience. A contract has an amendable date but it does not expire. What ever you stress means little, you have very limited knowledge about such matters.

Again your post is without mature thought or knowledge. I doubt that he would want to go back to FLOPS but who knows. He was very senor at RTA and could decide he would like to go back. He and the others have lost a great deal. They have lost income; they have lost in their marketability.

Can you imagine trying to get a job and having to tell that you were terminated? They are not cry babies my friend they are real men. They exposed themselves for the betterment of their fellow pilots. Their motives were and are for fair and equal treatment. Yes they seek justices along with lost pay and punitive damage.

I think that maybe you are the cry baby and are afraid of fair and equal treatment. You like some of the other posters seem to accept the “wrongful terminations” and even to justify the act. Why?

Aspiring,

Enlighten me exactly why your friend got fired. I'm sure he doesn't have a note in his file saying he was fired for supporting a union. My understanding (might not be the case with your friend) is some of the pilots in question were sent out to fly with check airmen. When these pilots in question did not fly within the ATP standards to which we are held, they were fired. Like I said, that might only cover one or two of the pilots, I don't know the full story on all of them. Good luck in front of the judge telling him/her you lost your job because you can no longer maintain ATP standards.

It was my understanding they were all fired for a good reason, not being union pushers. Correct me if I'm wrong.

He has the clap,

You are very wrong!!

It is my understanding that the first four or five guys were fired for the phony reason that they did not interact satisfactory with FLOPS management during the three day? indoc. I think four never flew a trip with FLOPS. I am sure that it had nothing to do with their flying skills and you should be ashamed to even think or say such a thing. I was told that all had an excellent training record and all line checks were satisfactory. I do not know if any pilots from RTA were terminated due to lack of ability. I doubt that but it is a possibility. I have heard of witch hunts by some of the check airman but I think they came well after the merger.

The ones names in the law suit were all fired for the same phony reason. Talk with the ex RTA pilots and ask them. Some might oppose their stand but I doubt that you can find any to fault their flying skills. They were all known by every pilot at RTA as being in support for the union. There names were used in the post. Only the ones that supported the union were terminated in such a manner. I think they were all experience pilots flying the Hawker. I doubt that you can find one ex RTA pilot that thinks they were terminated for any reason other than their attempt to organize.

Latest resources

Back