• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Retiring NWA Captain Sums It Up

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I found a way to enjoy all of my flying career. Starting with crop dusting, instructing, charter, jet charter, corporate then airlines. Ended up with the choice of all nighters on a B777 or single day trips to Tegucigalpa, Honduras flying a B757. I chose to sacrifice the money to enjoy the last 7 years flying from 11AM to 6PM on that beautiful 2 hr flight over Cuba to TGU. I think I would have become bitter too if I had chosen the bigger paycheck. I doubt if I was even legal for flying at night unless they count sim time. It was fun being a widebody intnl captain and not ever packing a suitcase. Choose your own destiny if you can and life is good. We got to keep our retirement too. Kind of glad United didn't hire me in 66. I would have missed all of that other fun stuff and the retirement money.

I really did enjoy my flying career and even though this sounds like a fairytale, it is true. I have proof of my final retirement video into TGU if anybody wants to see it. I got into aviation because I loved it. I wanted to go as high as I could and I did. I know it is a tough road now but hope it returns to what it was. My first interview and hundreds of apps at LAX for 13 years after got be nothing until I lucked out after 40 trips to the chief pilots office and 20 apps got my dream job. You can call that luck or dedication to a goal. It was worth it and I don't regret any of the disapointments along the way.

fob727: just because you have 30 years of seniority doesn't give you the right to be a self-centered A~hole.
Yeah, but it sure helps you bid better trips.

I've always thought a good substitute for a lost retirement would be to make seniority transferable and sell-able.

I'd give Capt. grumpy a few grand to get out of my seat.

I've always thought a good substitute for a lost retirement would be to make seniority transferable and sell-able.

I'd give Capt. grumpy a few grand to get out of my seat.

We have PFT, No it's time for PFS. Pay for seniority.

I can see the phoenix east ads now. From zero hours to airbus captain in 2 years! Just $100,000 and two months training... :eek::)

for all you with this guys attitude....retire already. You are right, but it was you and your union who was at the helm who caused all this crapola we are living with now

93.00 per hr may be after he divides his rate by two to compensate for the fact that most workers work twice the amount of paid hrs in a month.

186.00 would be the rate then. I have always divided my hourly rate by two to see what it equates to for a "real" job.

C'mon CL65PILOT, read please! ;) I quoted his post right in mine, here it is again: "My $93.00/hr and annual salary is based on an 80 hour month (hard time in the air) which doesn't include all the on duty and time I am away from home."

He flat out says he was making $93/flight hour, and that don't jibe for an NWA CA.

We have PFT, No it's time for PFS. Pay for seniority.

I can see the phoenix east ads now. From zero hours to airbus captain in 2 years! Just $100,000 and two months training... :eek::)
Yeah, true.

Latest resources

Back