retired airline pilots at NJA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Archer38416

I'm getting ready to retire from NW with 28 years of experience and about 25,ooo hours. Is NJA hiring old guys? (I'm 57 and taking an early retirement). When is the current contract up for negotiations?

Come on over, we have gobs of retired airline guys. Just make sure you're reasonably current (in any aircraft) when you submit your application.

Come on over, we have gobs of retired airline guys. Just make sure you're reasonably current (in any aircraft) when you submit your application.

That's right. If you are more than 6 months out of currency, your application proably will go in the circular file.

When is the current contract up for negotiations?

Quoting from the contract:

The new agreement shall remain in force and effect for five (5) years, with the understanding that Section 6 Notices may be served by the parties, or either of them, after forty-eight months.​

The contract was ratified last November.

There were 4 retired 121 guys in our interview group last week (we are still waiting to hear). I did my sim check with an ex US Air CAPT. He was a great guy and super pilot; I'd fly with him any day. Hope they hire us all!

Good luck with your decision Archer,
VVJM265

They'll send you to the X.

NJA- Where retired airline pilots go to get away from their wives, ex wives and girlfriends.

Seriously it is.

Sadly, it's also the place where retired airline pilots go to ponder their gutted pension plans.

Archer, I too am a retired NWA captain. Sent in my resume in early October. Got my application three weeks later, and sent it back in four days. Got the app received/ stand by for an interview date email a day or two after the app got there. My first choice is TEB and Derinda told me that they interview in order of domicile need. Based on what I've read on this board it would seem that CMH or LAX will get you an earlier interview date. Also based on what I've been able to infer from the board and an email from Derinda, it would appear that you'll wait 3 to 7 months for an interview date. Of course this is all subject to change based on the needs of NJA. You know, until I typed it a moment ago, it hadn't hit me how similar NJA and NWA are :)

In my interview recently, Derinda mentioned that there were two things about recruiting for NetJets which she really liked- namely that Age and Flight time are just numbers to her. Neither one carries much weight when it comes to making the decision to hire a person. It's about hiring the right employee, not just hiring the right birth certificate or logbook. There were two 60+ guys in my group.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back