• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic's Min's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thankyou for the response. Although I'm not a "kid" being retired USAF, obviously I'm new to the civilian flying world. I'm considering attending a job fair in Atlanta Nov 17th. Question.., Would it be appropriate to even approach a Republic recruiter before I have the mins? Total time will be in the 550TT with 250 Multi range. Thoughts here are to simply express my interest, shake some hands, and learn what I can about the future of the company. Maybe even leave a copy of my resume if requested.

Also, not sure if you have the answer to this.., how does Republic view the ATP RJ Standards program. I'm aware of the reduced mins.., how are the folks you see hired with this training performing? Very controversal I know. Just trying to learn all I can.

Thanks again

RAH knows what the RJ Standards program is. They like it. Coming in to say HI at a job fair like you described having the desire to do is precisely what those things are for. It is not tacky in any way. Leave a resume with them and apply online. Tehy will remember both....

Everyone is so hung up on Flight Time. Flight time in some cases means nothing. A person with 1000hrs could very easily have more knowledge and common sense as well as out fly some people with 5000hrs. It's all relative. I realize that this is not always the case and most of the time it's not, however I have seen this in some cases. Back in World War II we had kids that were 19+ years old flying Airplanes across the oceans to fight a war. They had what, 2-300hrs??

Attitude is a big chunk of how a person does in our business. You need to hit the books, stay mentally clear, and be open to constructive criticism from time to time. Most important, Check your ego at the door!! I think that the check airman are sick of New Hires coming in thinking they know it all and that they where personally hand picked by God himself to fly Airplanes. All the FO's I have flown with thus far have been great!! I know, we like any airline, has their select few of both Captain's and FO's who need a wake up call.

My suggestion to the person who started this vine, send a resume and talk to our people. The regionals are a good place to get some great experience and learn the airline business. Not all regionals are bad, some are and some are not. I can't speak for others but RAH is not a bad place to work. It's all what you make of it.

Everyone is so hung up on Flight Time. Flight time in some cases means nothing. A person with 1000hrs could very easily have more knowledge and common sense as well as out fly some people with 5000hrs. It's all relative. I realize that this is not always the case and most of the time it's not, however I have seen this in some cases. Back in World War II we had kids that were 19+ years old flying Airplanes across the oceans to fight a war. They had what, 2-300hrs??

Attitude is a big chunk of how a person does in our business. You need to hit the books, stay mentally clear, and be open to constructive criticism from time to time. Most important, Check your ego at the door!! I think that the check airman are sick of New Hires coming in thinking they know it all and that they where personally hand picked by God himself to fly Airplanes. All the FO's I have flown with thus far have been great!! I know, we like any airline, has their select few of both Captain's and FO's who need a wake up call.

My suggestion to the person who started this vine, send a resume and talk to our people. The regionals are a good place to get some great experience and learn the airline business. Not all regionals are bad, some are and some are not. I can't speak for others but RAH is not a bad place to work. It's all what you make of it.

Thanks again! I agree that a persons attitude and approach in this business has a HUGE impact in overall performance. Although I'm a low time pilot, I was privilaged to fly as an AWACS flight crew member in the USAF for 17 yrs logging over 5000 hrs both as instructor and examiner in 3 different crew positions. In those yrs I've seen many different "traits" of flyers. Folks at all experience levels who are still willing and open to learn something new everytime they get in the plane are far more valuable (imo) than those who feel they've "learned what they need to know."

The the overinflated ego is an inherently dangerous mindset to get into in my experience. Nothing wrong with having confidence, I just try to emphasize developement of an attitude that fosters working as a team (CRM) and continuous learning.

Thanks again! I agree that a persons attitude and approach in this business has a HUGE impact in overall performance. Although I'm a low time pilot, I was privilaged to fly as an AWACS flight crew member in the USAF for 17 yrs logging over 5000 hrs both as instructor and examiner in 3 different crew positions. In those yrs I've seen many different "traits" of flyers. Folks at all experience levels who are still willing and open to learn something new everytime they get in the plane are far more valuable (imo) than those who feel they've "learned what they need to know."

The the overinflated ego is an inherently dangerous mindset to get into in my experience. Nothing wrong with having confidence, I just try to emphasize developement of an attitude that fosters working as a team (CRM) and continuous learning.

You sound like you are/would be a pretty great instructor. Not too many of them left anymore.

Seniority is everything when it comes to your future pay and QOL, so all the arguments for ditching instructing are very valid. My paychecks are a bit better than when I CFI'ed, and my schedule is a he!! of a lot better (I flew a LOT teaching). But I have forgotten so much about flying by driving a RJ for the last few years. And I do not have nearly the sense of personal satisfaction that I did then.

If you want my career advice, do whatever you need to do to get on the seniority list of your chosen regional ASAP. My personal advice to you is to teach a little longer, give a few more students a strong foundation in aviation, learn some more in the process and enjoy it for what it is while you are there. GA as we know it may be gone in a few years, and there will be nothing but "academies" doing ab-initio training.

When I was there, I was anxious to get here (although I stayed a bit longer than most, over 1500hrs of instructing). Now that I am where I wanted to be, I kind of wish I could go back.......

ok so the 800 hour mins are true then. i just heard from a freind. i also heard from someone else that the e170 min age went from 23 to 21. can anyone confirm this. im 22 with 1500 hours and about 800 in a e120. i was gunna hold out till i turned 23 and try for the 170 but if the age is lowered i would apply sooner.

They are hiring in the E170 at age 21. My buddy will be in class in late Nov on the 170 and he's 21.

Latest resources

Back