Republic's Min's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Beechlover

Currently 800TT/ 100Multi/ 100Inst. Anybody see a further reduction of the mins in sight? This is where I want to work! I'm about 5 months away from the mins CFI'ing my rear off, hoping they'll come down some. Thanks

Doing the CFI is an eye opener. It will take the edge of that pilot swagger after you see all sorts of people make the same mistakes over and over.

Currently 800TT/ 100Multi/ 100Inst. Anybody see a further reduction of the mins in sight? This is where I want to work! I'm about 5 months away from the mins CFI'ing my rear off, hoping they'll come down some. Thanks

Wow!

I was going to say something else but what is there to say. Unbelieveable.

PS- Not a slam on the poster, more of marvelling at the current state of the pilot job market.

well if the regionals started paying more and didn't treat the pilots like $hit.....they wouldn't have to lower the mins......

but to the original poster.....the regionals blow....just CHQ doesn't blow as bad as others out there. Good luck!

Apply to Comair (or some other company with lower minimums) and build time there. If you are building time you might as well do it at an airline. There's nothing wrong with instructing, I did it for a long time, but the reality of aviation today is you don't have to instruct long.

Apply to Comair (or some other company with lower minimums) and build time there. If you are building time you might as well do it at an airline. There's nothing wrong with instructing, I did it for a long time, but the reality of aviation today is you don't have to instruct long.

Delta could sell Comair in 08 - who knows, maybe Mesa will buy it? I wouldn't go to Comair with so much uncertainty. Plus, upgrade time is ridiculously long...

I say sweat it out until you reach the Republic minimums and then go for it....

Instruct and get some more seat time, the wash out rate at RAH is somewhere around 40% since they lowered their mins from 1500/300. Dont shoot yourself in the foot. The rumor is some of the check airmen don't like low time guys.

Look into getting yourself a corporate job. I'm currently in ground school for intial at a large training facility at the DFW airport. Out of the 11 in my class, 6 are ex-airline guys. All 6 say they have no intentions of going back.

Good luck to whatever you do. Keep your options open.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back