• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republican Candidates position on NLRB!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't suppose that has anything to due with the fact that all of the big three automakers were in the tank.

Probably not, Incase you missed the article, but hey I am sure it is just a coinkedink aint it?:

DETROIT (WWJ) – According to a*****new report, 47 percent of Detroiters are *****”functionally illiterate.” The alarming new statistics*****were released*****by the Detroit Regional Workforce Fund on Wednesday.
WWJ Newsradio 950 spoke with the*****Fund’s Director, Karen Tyler-Ruiz, who explained exactly what this means.
“Not able to fill out basic forms, for getting a job — those types of basic everyday (things). Reading a prescription; what’s on the bottle, how many you should take… just your basic everyday tasks,” she said.
“I don’t really know how they get by, but they do. Are they getting by well? Well, that’s another question,” Tyler-Ruiz said.
Some of the Detroit suburbs also have high numbers of functionally illiterate: 34 percent in Pontiac and 24 percent in Southfield.**********
“For other major urban areas, we are a little bit on the high side… We compare, slightly higher, to Washington D.C.’s urban population, in*****certain ZIP codes in Washington D.C. and in Cleveland,” she said.
Tyler-Ruiz said only 10 percent of those who can’t read have gotten any help to resolve it.
The report will be used to provide better training for local workers.

Well here's to hoping that Sarah Palin or Donald Trump is the best the GOP can come up with.

The original post in this thread has a couple of things mixed up. The NLRB didn't recently change a rule on how voting takes place. They've always had voting the normal way, with a non-vote not counting as a vote against. Nobody is challenging their voting system, either. The article that was linked was talking about the Boeing dispute, which isn't related to voting, it's related to the location of the factory and Boeing's motivation to put it there.

The voting dispute is a separate issue, and it deals with the National Mediation Board (NMB), not the NLRB. The NMB recently changed the voting rules to match the NLRB's rules, and the Republicans are trying to change it back to screw over airline and railroad labor.

SURE AS HELL BEATS THE ONE THE DEMS ARE STANDING BEHIND.....AND THEY SUCK! Sad state of affairs

Too many in our ranks think like this- over-emotional ranters against our own best interests.
Agree, we are our own worst enemy. We can't continue to operate like this politically. Either convince the GOP that we are worth making an exception to their union beliefs- or vote democrat, and make damn sure they know the only reason they got your vote is support of our unions- or decertify our unions and open everyone's positions to free market competition. Then live with the result. At least then you all wouldn't be hypocrits.

If you vote GOP and start to think about some others contribution to the 'race to the bottom', stop- look in the mirror and know there was no other consequence.

Last edited:
SURE AS HELL BEATS THE ONE THE DEMS ARE STANDING BEHIND.....AND THEY SUCK! Sad state of affairs

Enjoy your next 6 years.

Too many in our ranks think like this- over-emotional ranters against our own best interests.
Agree, we are our own worst enemy. We can't continue to operate like this politically. Either convince the GOP that we are worth making an exception to their union beliefs- or vote democrat, and make damn sure they know the only reason they got your vote is support of our unions- or decertify our unions and open everyone's positions to free market competition. Then live with the result. At least then you all wouldn't be hypocrits.

If you vote GOP and start to think about some others contribution to the 'race to the bottom', stop- look in the mirror and know there was no other consequence.

Please provide examples how this administration or any other liberal administration has helped this profession. You like to think that the left is not controlled by big business. Who is Obama's biggest contributor. What improvements have you seen since 2008? Once again... no substance and all name calling. Everyone who disagrees with you is stupid? Besides, our careers are not the only thing that drives votes. Believe it or not we are not the center of the universe.

Last edited:
Besides GASP i can actually negotiate a deal for myself and my family and then actually live with the consequences of my negotiated deal and actually be responsible for myself and family without any union or other person or govt entity being involved cause ANOTHER GASP I still have free will and a pair of balls!

I mean hell the country is so much better now then 2 years ago, or 4 years ago, or 6 years ago or 8 years ago or 10 years ago.....o wait, i can see why you are so attached to a party it works so well for America and its citizens.....

Besides GASP i can actually negotiate a deal for myself and my family and then actually live with the consequences of my negotiated deal and actually be responsible for myself and family without any union or other person or govt entity being involved cause ANOTHER GASP I still have free will and a pair of balls!

I mean hell the country is so much better now then 2 years ago, or 4 years ago, or 6 years ago or 8 years ago or 10 years ago.....o wait, i can see why you are so attached to a party it works so well for America and its citizens.....

I keep forgetting how wonderful things were under 8 years of GW, and a GOP controlled congress.

Please provide examples how this administration or any other liberal administration has helped this profession. You like to think that the left is not controlled by big business. Who is Obama's biggest contributor. What improvements have you seen since 2008? Once again... no substance and all name calling. Everyone who disagrees with you is stupid? Besides, our careers are not the only thing that drives votes. Believe it or not we are not the center of the universe.

Enjoy. http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/02/washington/02labor.html

Latest resources

Back