Republic will be the next large National Airline

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I agree, reference my signature.

Hey Popeye, we're all counting on you to volunteer to work for even sh&ttier wages than you've already bragged about. RAH is going to need you to give up your 401k/529/mortgage/new car loan/preschool money/groceries/retirement fund to outbid SWA. Thanks and good luck with your career!

Please STFU. If you were hired at Republic in '95 and still working there, then there is something seriously wrong with you. There are only 9 pilots hired in '95 still working at Republic. Every single major airline has hired between '95 and now. The fact that you never left an all Saab airline shows your character. You must be the bottom of the barrel when it comes to airline pilots. Paycheck for paycheck, Frontier is larger. Frontier and Midwest were airlines where you could proudly hang your hat at the end of your career. Republic is not. There are plenty of airline pilots hired at Chautauqua after 1995 that left for Midwest and Frontier. Why? Because Midwest and Frontier are better pilot jobs.

Pretty arrogant attitude you have, maybe you should be the one to STFU.

If they were happy living in base and didn't want to contribute to SJS, I say good for them. You don't know their personal situation. Maybe they have a sideline business, perhaps one is a single father and likes the schedule.

Maybe their priorities changed when they were no longer in their 20's and had to move out of the parents nest. Some people put their family first and can be happy anywhere they work, others will never be happy anywhere.

The best time I ever had in aviation, was flying Metroliners for next to nothing in the early 90's. I wish I had realized that back then.

Last edited:
The best time I ever had in aviation, was flying Metroliners for next to nothing in the early 90's. I wish I had realized that back then.

"You have to ask yourself just one question, punk. Do you have 6 gallons of AWI or only 5, and since you're flying a Metroliner, the most poorly designed airplane in the world, you have to ask yourself just one question? DO YOU FEEL LUCKY, PUNK? WELL..........DO YA?"

"You have to ask yourself just one question, punk. Do you have 6 gallons of AWI or only 5, and since you're flying a Metroliner, the most poorly designed airplane in the world, you have to ask yourself just one question? DO YOU FEEL LUCKY, PUNK? WELL..........DO YA?"

Bwa ! "Why is the "SAS" light blinking ?"

To the nadless wonder who spake thusly:

"Originally Posted by hockeypilot44
Please STFU. If you were hired at Republic in '95 and still working there, then there is something seriously wrong with you. There are only 9 pilots hired in '95 still working at Republic. Every single major airline has hired between '95 and now. The fact that you never left an all Saab airline shows your character. You must be the bottom of the barrel when it comes to airline pilots."

That must also apply to Piedmont/Allegheny pilots,hmmm ? But of course,as has been established,you have no nads and thus would never bring this up to one of them in person,would you ? NO.Do your co-workers know how gutless you are ? Another " keyboard commando".....

Hey Popeye, we're all counting on you to volunteer to work for even sh&ttier wages than you've already bragged about. RAH is going to need you to give up your 401k/529/mortgage/new car loan/preschool money/groceries/retirement fund to outbid SWA. Thanks and good luck with your career!

WOW!!! holding some hate there, ha!!! I guess you ll ready gave management your 401k/529/mortgage/new car loan/preschool money/groceries/retirement...but any way common hate us, hate us...can't whait to see your next scope give away!!! but thats out faul to...

The real gamble was if the nose wheel steering would outlast the AWI

WOW!!! holding some hate there, ha!!! I guess you ll ready gave management your 401k/529/mortgage/new car loan/preschool money/groceries/retirement...but any way common hate us, hate us...can't whait to see your next scope give away!!! but thats out faul to...

Nope. I don't hate anyone, including Popeye.

You apparently did not read (or didn't care about) the prior posts on this thread where Popeye bragged about how his sh&tty wages enables his airline to buy F9, said that he hoped F9 pilots would get stapled to the RAH list, and talked about F9 guys sitting right seat in his airplane, etc., etc.? Don't you find that a tad arrogant?

And no, I personally haven't given management anything and have never voted to. But I have worked my way up, spending years at the regionals first. I would never have dreamed of being so arrogant as Popeye, then or now. Maybe his attitude is okay with you, but I find it offensive, arrogant, and as I tried to point out in my post--self defeating in terms of career goals.

if his guy has been at RAH/CHQ since 95 he has seen this company do nothing less than grow. at the same time his pay, equipment, senority and quality of life has done nothing but grow. the question is why would he leave? call it what you want but personaly I think he made a good decision.

if his guy has been at RAH/CHQ since 95 he has seen this company do nothing less than grow. at the same time his pay, equipment, senority and quality of life has done nothing but grow. the question is why would he leave? call it what you want but personaly I think he made a good decision.

Why leave?

CVG-SDF
SDF-CVG
CVG-SDF
SDF-CVG
CVG-SDF
SDF-CVG
CVG-SDF

Reduced overnight, rinse, repeat.

If I did that right it was 7 legs, same day, close to 14h duty, about 3-4h pay, about 2x 4h long sits.

That is why. And yes... I did that several times. But I am glad he did not leave, so I could sooner.

Latest resources

Back