• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Republic
3asjo.gif

Midex
nb8y9d.gif

Funny thing is (well not funny for the midwest guys) midwest will fold and republic will have 190's they have to park. Cue republic pilots "I don't want these new big planes. I wish we would never got them" but deep down you know they are really very very excited for this chance to fly more planes at the expense of what was once a respected company and pilot group. You rep guys better get a HUGE pay raise or you are nothing but dirt.
Flight crews are not responsible for the business decisions of the company they work for.;) It is not Republic's fault for Midwest's past financial difficulties. I dislike the fact that flight crews and other company employees, are the ones who pay the awful price of loosing their jobs based on managements decisions. It is what it is, business. It's awful in the sense that yes people will probably loose jobs, but for investors and management, it's the right thing to do. I really don't think, OR AT LEAST I WOULD HOPE NOT, that the employees of one company wish bad luck for those of another.

Flight crews are not responsible for the business decisions of the company they work for.;) It is not Republic's fault for Midwest's past financial difficulties. I dislike the fact that flight crews and other company employees, are the ones who pay the awful price of loosing their jobs based on managements decisions. It is what it is, business. It's awful in the sense that yes people will probably loose jobs, but for investors and management, it's the right thing to do. I really don't think, OR AT LEAST I WOULD HOPE NOT, that the employees of one company wish bad luck for those of another.

This is the airline industry. We eat our youth and sh!t on our elders.......Unless they can get you an interview.

You can't point at these guys and call them dirt because of a move management made.
However, if they don't fight for a mainline pay scale for these planes, I'll be sure to point and call names.

Edit: I see you guys already voted for 190 pay scale. Weak. And knowing that, maybe your names should be known as, Mud.
We did not vote for any 190 pay scale!!! Nor have we had changes for a 190 pay scale!!! Our Contract does go up to 99 seats. 100 is a whole different ball game!! 100 seats looks like the configuration of the airplanes. 1 seat does make a difference. I am sure we will be fighting for more money.

I always thought we would see mainline airplanes at Skywest first. I guess it was Republic. Well all I can say is who didn't see this coming from a mile away? There are hundreds of 170 pilots that will be celebrating today. The fact of the matter is no republic pilot will do anything about this just like they didn't when their 170s directly put hundreds of mainline on the streets. No one will quit or not fly on principle, they'll blame it on management. I think ALPA or a strike may be able to stop them but the fact that it's already confirmed means it's probably hopeless.

You can't point at these guys and call them dirt because of a move management made.
However, if they don't fight for a mainline pay scale for these planes, I'll be sure to point and call names.

Edit: I see you guys already voted for 190 pay scale. Weak. And knowing that, maybe your names should be known as, Mud.

I'm rubber, your glue, ... blah, blah, blah...

We haven't voted for any 190 payscales. Our payscales haven't changed since 2003, when our contract was signed. The pay scales are based on number of seats, not aircraft type. We don't have payscales for a 100 seat aircraft, so if mgmt. wants to have that discussion, they haven't notified any of us. Maybe the union knows something, but the general seniority list sure does not.

Airline Pilot Central has it listed like that improperly.

I'm rubber, your glue, ... blah, blah, blah...

We haven't voted for any 190 payscales. Our payscales haven't changed since 2003, when our contract was signed. The pay scales are based on number of seats, not aircraft type. We don't have payscales for a 100 seat aircraft, so if mgmt. wants to have that discussion, they haven't notified any of us. Maybe the union knows something, but the general seniority list sure does not.

Airline Pilot Central has it listed like that improperly.

You don't get it. It's not about pay. It's the fact that a regional is replacing a major on their routes with mainline airplanes. It should never happen.

You don't get it. It's not about pay. It's the fact that a regional is replacing a major on their routes with mainline airplanes. It should never happen.

...it sort of is too. Contract signed in 2003 would explain why FO pay tops out after year 4. Hello quick upgrade today, hello stuck in the right seat tomorrow.

Funny thing is (well not funny for the midwest guys) midwest will fold and republic will have 190's they have to park. Cue republic pilots "I don't want these new big planes. I wish we would never got them" but deep down you know they are really very very excited for this chance to fly more planes at the expense of what was once a respected company and pilot group. You rep guys better get a HUGE pay raise or you are nothing but dirt.

Not funny for anyone. Here's the scariest scenario:

SWA announces merger/aquisition of Midwest. In the new TA the Republic RJs come along too. Next thing you know SWA E190s are flying around everywhere by pilots being paid jack.

Latest resources

Back