• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic to operate EMB-190s for Midwest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There are a lot of scumbags at your company too. A lot of Delta Connection Academy pilots that live with their parents and think flying a 170 is the greatest thing in the world. Most of these pilots are uneducated, in enormous debt, and still think they are going to work at UPS or Fedex someday so they don't care about airlines like Midwest.

Yes there are some people that want to fly 170's for the rest of their lives, but I think scumbag and these people for the most part are mutually exclusive. I hear stories out there of our 170 brethren looking down on us pion (sp?) 145 CHQ pilots because we fly the 50 seat jet, but I've never actually encountered one. I don't know if it's all made up or if it's in fact true. I will say they're are a lot of Comair Academy people here, moreso than the last airline I was at, but I have yet to cross one that's a prick. I'm not a fan of Comair Academy, but I don't think that these people are retards, just misled. Just the same, I won't be bidding Midwest flying anytime ever, so you don't have to worry about that.

All right boys and girls.....and kids, my scenario.

8000 hr pilot(who lives in the MKE area) with several types. Got cr@pped on several times in my career(including SKYWAY), came here to republic, hired at Midex(June 2007, class canceled). Now because of a contract that I didn't sign in a terrible industry I shouldn't be able to bid to MKE so
I can be closer to my wife and boy? Wow, perspective check for all........I would rather be with my hometown airline on the 80 doing day trips vs. 190's for 37 dollars an hour. Unfourtunatlly(sp?) that is not reality these days. If you cats are so pi$$ed off, channel your anger to the guys with swiss cheese scope clauses or none to speak of.

Walk a day in others shoes before you start namecalling and judging.

All right boys and girls.....and kids, my scenario.

8000 hr pilot(who lives in the MKE area) with several types. Got cr@pped on several times in my career(including SKYWAY), came here to republic, hired at Midex(June 2007, class canceled). Now because of a contract that I didn't sign in a terrible industry I shouldn't be able to bid to MKE so
I can be closer to my wife and boy? Wow, perspective check for all........I would rather be with my hometown airline on the 80 doing day trips vs. 190's for 37 dollars an hour. Unfourtunatlly(sp?) that is not reality these days. If you cats are so pi$$ed off, channel your anger to the guys with swiss cheese scope clauses or none to speak of.

Walk a day in others shoes before you start namecalling and judging.

Just because it is convenient for you does not make it right.

We should all walk a day in Hockeypilot44 captains shoe's...on day three when you've heard how delta conn and republic pilots are destroying the industry for the 100th time you probably want to go out kung fu style in your hotel room.

Okay. The point is that Midwest's scope does not prevent Republic from flying 190's. Who's fault is that? The Republic pilots do have pay scales up to 99 seats and that was set up when they flew the j-ball. Stop giving those pilots such a hard time and focus on the ones who allowed this to happen. If you don't have scope, then your management will find cheaper labor. Let's hope republic can secure pay rates that equal mainline for these airplanes in their next contract. If not, lets hope those of you that are here to complain will be there on the picket line with them fighting for equal pay. If your not willing to join them then I suggest you keep it to yourselves and find another thread to get off on.

Okay. The point is that Midwest's scope does not prevent Republic from flying 190's. Who's fault is that? The Republic pilots do have pay scales up to 99 seats and that was set up when they flew the j-ball. Stop giving those pilots such a hard time and focus on the ones who allowed this to happen. If you don't have scope, then your management will find cheaper labor. Let's hope republic can secure pay rates that equal mainline for these airplanes in their next contract. If not, lets hope those of you that are here to complain will be there on the picket line with them fighting for equal pay. If your not willing to join them then I suggest you keep it to yourselves and find another thread to get off on.

Wrong, there is an attorney somewhere who can get around ANY contract. Contracts are things that are only good at the moment they are signed. The world continues but that contract is stuck in that moment as things change peoples definition of simple words change, thus the word outsourcing can be changed to codeshare and somehow it makes it OK.

As I read all these threads bashing each other I realized 2 things.

1. We pilots aren't as smart as we think we are. We constantly talk about how stupid management is and we seem to think we could run the airline better. We have $100,000 "degrees" from riddle/DC Academy/Comair Academy and they have MBA's from Cornell/Duke/Harvard. We have no chance. We brought a spoon to a gun fight long ago.

2. MGMT is sitting in their office moving us around like little chess pieces. We are sitting here pitching little hissy fits with each other on a message board.

What is the answer? I don't know. Maybe we need a real union, a national seniority list, or something my little BS in Management mind cant dream of. I do know that bitching on this website will do NOTHING.

Continue

Just because it is convenient for you does not make it right.

So you would be the big man and "show your company" and stay in current base, even if it ment less time with your wife and kids..........BS.

So you would be the big man and "show your company" and stay in current base, even if it ment less time with your wife and kids..........BS.

If spending time with your family was so important, you wouldn't be commuting for a $25,000/year just so you can be an airline pilot. If I were you, I would be working just about anywhere. There are not very many jobs out there that pay less. To each his own. This is just a message board though. In all reality, I would never cut you down in person or to your face. This is a fantasy world. You will probably face very little resistance replacing the Midwest pilots. The only pilots I can't stand are the ones that actually cross a picket line.

Latest resources

Back