• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic to operate EMB-190s for Midwest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you work at republic, read your contract. MKE falls under the "hybrid base" provisions of the contract. Among the information you'd find had you actually read it, is the fact that pilots cannot be displaced into a hybrid base. If nobody bids for it, the company has to come to the table no matter how many seats they put in the thing.

ARTICLE 17
BASES

(TOC)
Page 17.1
A. “Large” Bases
B. “Small” Bases
C. One Year Grace Period
D. Overnight Trip Requirement
E. Hybrid Bases
1. Definition
2. Conditions
a. Expansion/Growth
b. 2 Aircraft Minimum
c. Eighteen Month Limit
Page 17.2
E. Hybrid Bases
3. No Minimum Cities Served
4. Voluntary Assignment
5. Current Bases Ineligible
6. Large/Small Bases Ineligible

-Page 17.1
ARTICLE 17
BASES

A. A “Large” base is defined as any base with at least twenty (20) hard lines
(not including build up or reserve lines) available for bid at that location
and where the Company flies routes that connect the base location with at
least two (2) other airport locations (an airport that is flag stopped does not
count toward the two (2) airports). No large base shall be opened unless
the previous conditions are met or the Union and the Company have come
to a mutual agreement.

B. A “Small” base is defined as any base that has fewer than twenty (20)
hard lines but no fewer that eleven (11) hard lines. The Company may
have a maximum of one (1) “small” base for every two (2) “large” bases.
The criteria for a “small” base shall be the same as for a “large” base,
except that the minimum number of hard lines shall be no fewer than
eleven (11).

C. The Company and the Union recognize that the above-stated criteria may
fluctuate periodically, but in the interest of stability, the Company would
not normally be required to close a non-conforming base unless one or
both of the above-stated criteria has not been met for at least a one (1)
year period.

D. Bases must contain lines that contain overnight trips away from base.

E. Hybrid Bases
1. A Hybrid Base is any new base that opens after the date of signing
of the Agreement that does not comply with the criteria specified in
A. or B. above.

2. In order for the Company to open and maintain a hybrid base, the
following conditions must apply:
a. The aircraft assigned to the new base must be a result of
expansion/growth and not simply relocation of company
flying.

b. The base will have a minimum of two (2) aircraft to cover the
flying assigned to the new base. The Company shall be
allowed three (3) months to place both aircraft into service.

c. If a hybrid base does not comply with the criteria set forth in
paragraphs A. or B. within eighteen (18) months from the
date of opening, it will be closed unless it is otherwise
mutually agreed by the parties to keep the base open.

-Page 17.2

3. There is no minimum number of cities these bases must serve.

4. All vacancies will be filled with volunteers only. No pilot will be
displaced or forced to fill these vacancies.

5. The Company cannot restructure or close any current base and
then reopen it to take advantage of the provisions of this section.

6. The Company cannot restructure or close any base meeting the
criteria set forth in paragraphs A. or B. and then reopen it as a
hybrid base to take advantage of the provisions of this section.​

If you work at republic, read your contract. MKE falls under the "hybrid base" provisions of the contract. Among the information you'd find had you actually read it, is the fact that pilots cannot be displaced into a hybrid base. If nobody bids for it, the company has to come to the table no matter how many seats they put in the thing.

I have read Article 17, and no where in there does it address the furloughing and then recalling a few months later into that base. If that's the case, what do you suppose a chap with a couple of kids and a house payment is supposed to do during this economy? Simply turndown the recall? Let me know if I'm missing something and I'm reading the wrong section of the CBA. Thanks.

I have read Article 17, and no where in there does it address the furloughing and then recalling a few months later into that base. If that's the case, what do you suppose a chap with a couple of kids and a house payment is supposed to do during this economy? Simply turndown the recall? Let me know if I'm missing something and I'm reading the wrong section of the CBA. Thanks.

You're right, but the conversation was going in the direction of pilots being displaced to MKE. Not going to happen. Now the scenario you just proposed...

You're right, but the conversation was going in the direction of pilots being displaced to MKE. Not going to happen. Now the scenario you just proposed...

I guess in my eyes, it's a circumvented displacement or something like that. We have some great people at our company and I hate to think of us being villified as scabs. A lot of us want an honest to goodness contract and get on with our lives and careers.

I guess in my eyes, it's a circumvented displacement or something like that. We have some great people at our company and I hate to think of us being villified as scabs. A lot of us want an honest to goodness contract and get on with our lives and careers.

There are a lot of scumbags at your company too. A lot of Delta Connection Academy pilots that live with their parents and think flying a 170 is the greatest thing in the world. Most of these pilots are uneducated, in enormous debt, and still think they are going to work at UPS or Fedex someday so they don't care about airlines like Midwest.

Yeah and 4 years ago their captain pay was worse than ours after year 5...Our contract is 6 years old and 2 years expired. Jetblue has made some tremendous gains in the last few years. When we signed this f#cking thing the idea of a 190 on the property was laughable. We were the first non concessionary contract after 9-11 our rates were 3rd to Comair and Horizon at the time, both contracts signed pre 9-11. We did this with an alter ego being forced into our rectum. I'm sure D connection pilots are at every airline by now even SWA and UPS. Are they any different than riddle kids with a mountain of debt?

Hockeypilot44 and SennaP where is this amazing glass house you both work at?

Yeah and 4 years ago their captain pay was worse than ours after year 5...Our contract is 6 years old and 2 years expired. Jetblue has made some tremendous gains in the last few years. When we signed this f#cking thing the idea of a 190 on the property was laughable. We were the first non concessionary contract after 9-11 our rates were 3rd to Comair and Horizon at the time, both contracts signed pre 9-11. We did this with an alter ego being forced into our rectum. I'm sure D connection pilots are at every airline by now even SWA and UPS. Are they any different than riddle kids with a mountain of debt?

Hockeypilot44 and SennaP where is this amazing glass house you both work at?

Dont worry to much about it J, those two trolls have been ranting against RP from day one. Hockey is bitter that he will NEVER upgrade and SennaP is his girlfriend.

Latest resources

Back