Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Avi8tor2000

Big Papa
...just give it about a year. Read the writing on the wall on this one. That wil truly be the end. 717s out. E190s in. Midwest anounces expanded codeshare with Delta. DC9s out. "Midwest" E190s in. Scope protects against contract carriers. It does nothing to protect against codeshares in this sense.

All three management teams (RP, YX, and DL) are setting this up slowly, methodically, and perfectly. No bueno for anybody (besides the millionaires...).

I'd be willing to bet against this. There are still the idiots around that don't understand scope, but the dynamic of the group has changed with all the newhires and the NWA merger.

Just look at the quick response to the attempted RAH 175AR modification.

Understood. But what if they bypass the scope relief issue altogether? Aka...an E190 operated as Republic Airlines (or Midwest) in the Delta system as an independent airline? (Maybe even a Delta painted tail for good measure.) Much the same as you can buy a ticket on US Airways and find yourself on a United flight.

Understood. But what if they bypass the scope relief issue altogether? Aka...an E190 operated as Republic Airlines (or Midwest) in the Delta system as an independent airline? (Maybe even a Delta painted tail for good measure.) Much the same as you can buy a ticket on US Airways and find yourself on a United flight.

Ummmmm, no. The only reason we gave it up to 76 seats (from 70) was because we were in BK and the judge was watching. We now have more cash on hand than anyone else. Our current scope does not allow any codeshares with anyone else that isn't approved by Dalpa. Very very unlikely. Notice the E190 flights at Midwest are NOT going to have DL codeshare flight numbers. You can try to think they might, but that would be wrong.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Pandora's box just got opened with Repub. starting to fly the 190's. another step in the downward spiral of this godforsaken industry...

Pandora's box just got opened with Repub. starting to fly the 190's. another step in the downward spiral of this godforsaken industry...

Indy Air was a regional initially, and got A319s. How did they do when they went independent on their own? Not good. The legacies and everyone else pounded them. Republic can try to find airlines to fly their E190s for, but most have scope clauses to prevent that. Midwest is so weak, that it worked out for them. Their own 717s will all be gone within a year, so there won't be any Midwest pilots left to protest. I see limited opportunities for their E190s. If there were more opportunities out there, I would think SkyWest and a few others would have tried by now.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Ummmmm, no. The only reason we gave it up to 76 seats (from 70) was because we were in BK and the judge was watching. We now have more cash on hand than anyone else. Our current scope does not allow any codeshares with anyone else that isn't approved by Dalpa. Very very unlikely. Notice the E190 flights at Midwest are NOT going to have DL codeshare flight numbers. You can try to think they might, but that would be wrong.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General while I don't doubt that repub won't be flying 190's under the delta codeshare, it's one more bargaining chip in mgmts pocket when negotiations come around again. i'm still waiting to see any benefits from Prater's slogan "Takin It Back." What he meant to say was "Takin It In The A$$"

General while I don't doubt that repub won't be flying 190's under the delta codeshare, it's one more bargaining chip in mgmts pocket when negotiations come around again. i'm still waiting to see any benefits from Prater's slogan "Takin It Back." What he meant to say was "Takin It In The A$$"

So, times will ALWAYS be bad according to you? We don't ever have any leverage? The next bargaining time looks like it could be an upturn, with the recession over and passenger numbers climbing. Also, doubtful the majority of current members would give E190s to the company. Most of the older guys will be leaving, and the rest have been through this before, watching the domestic flying get eroded by RJs. Unlikely at best.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General, isnt the codeshare with midwest already established. I agree with the i]original poster, this is scary stuff.

So, times will ALWAYS be bad according to you? We don't ever have any leverage?

If history is any indication, then I'm afraid yes. Mostly because I don't see where all this "leverage" is supposed to come from. And believe me, the thought does NOT make me happy.

I too doubt that those -190s will be flown for Delta, but I also doubt RAH got them just for the iffy Midwest operation, so I think they will be flown for somebody. Doesn't really matter who, this is bad news no matter how you cut it.

Latest resources

Back