• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic to hire 1,000 pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So, does the company decide which one of the holding airlines you go to or is it a different application for all 3 subsidiaries?
Thanks..
It's 1 interview. You interview for all 3 Airlines. Republic, Shuttle & Chautauqua. They put you were they need you. They may ask you if you have a preferance on where you want to be based, but ultimatly your at the mercy of demand.

They are placing people at all 3 certificates. This whole 1000 pilot hiring ploy that is generating some interest is Company wide for all 3 certificates.

I know Republic needs about 500 pilots, because of the 175's and the Frontier flying. I just got back from recurrent ground school and every-day I was in Indy for training, they were interviewing 10-15 people a day and have been doing so for quite sometime now.

Good Luck to you. Despite all of what you here it's not a bad place to work. We have a really good contract and the pay rates for a regional are pretty good.
icon14.gif

The more scabs we have going to Republic, the better. I sure hope they are going to be haap to fly for a BS airline.
You are gonna have to qualify that remark. That was from out of left field and it is apparent you do not know what you are talking about.

Unless they grow the Purdue Road support staff by at least a quarter of that (training dept, scheduling, crew planning, payroll, etc) and pay those support personnel enough to stem the attrition, RAH's performance numbers are going to plummet despite the best effort of the crewmembers.

It's 1 interview. You interview for all 3 Airlines. Republic, Shuttle & Chautauqua. They put you were they need you. They may ask you if you have a preferance on where you want to be based, but ultimatly your at the mercy of demand.

They are placing people at all 3 certificates. This whole 1000 pilot hiring ploy that is generating some interest is Company wide for all 3 certificates.

I know Republic needs about 500 pilots, because of the 175's and the Frontier flying. I just got back from recurrent ground school and every-day I was in Indy for training, they were interviewing 10-15 people a day and have been doing so for quite sometime now.

Good Luck to you. Despite all of what you here it's not a bad place to work. We have a really good contract and the pay rates for a regional are pretty good.
icon14.gif

Thanks for the info. Where can i find more information about the contract? I am interested in reserve rules, commuting clause, mainly stuff on the QOL things. The pay information is online anyway.. Also, what do they do if you have <300 ME?

Thanks for the info. Where can i find more information about the contract? I am interested in reserve rules, commuting clause, mainly stuff on the QOL things. The pay information is online anyway.. Also, what do they do if you have <300 ME?

I'd help you out on the contract, but I'm not sure how to put a .pdf on here.

Fact is that all the airlines are going to have trouble getting qualified candidtates pretty soon. PCL uses lies and trickery like this to luer would-be pilots onto the property too. Most people can recognise the PCL BS though and we end up scraping the bottom of the barrel for every new hire class. Republic suggesting that they are going to take delivery of a new airplane every week for the next two years though is a pretty fantastic story.
You should have stated this in the initial statemant - I interpreted your comment as a slight on this Pilot group - my apologies!

Never did I sugest that PCL was hireing the most qualified of the bunch anyways. The exact opposite is true. Why are you still so bitter anyway TAWS? Didn't you move on from the NW family? You should at peace with the world now, right?
NWA has a habit of embittering all whom it touches! I hope we never fly red tails, although stranger things have happened.

The fact is that we have been getting mostly other 121 guys, with experience, applying here. They are mostly FOs, who are seeing that their career aspirations are not going to be realized anytime this decade at their present carriers. It's FAR from perfect here, but it's a good bunch of guys, who want to get on with their careers and ,for the most part, don't want to stay here for the long run.

It ain't so.

Is that what you wanted to hear?

Here, have another sip of Koolaid.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back