• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic to Fly for Midwest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I love it. RAH guys are disgusted? Yeah, right. I would bet the farm that they (RAH) will have no problem filling those cockpit seats.

It'll be the "New" Midwest Express.
Remember the "New" Eastern.

Yeah, I know that MidEx is not on strike, but that's a SCAB move by RAH pilots if they do it.

Trust me, the tone on our internal message board is less than excited. In fact, very few people are happy about this (No, I'm not one of them).

Midwest flying should be done by Midwest pilots. If they kept all their 717's and had an RFP...well that's a different story.

I'll say it once more. You can bet the farm and you'd lose, because we're not happy about it either. Best of luck to the MEH guys

I love it. RAH guys are disgusted? Yeah, right. I would bet the farm that they (RAH) will have no problem filling those cockpit seats.

It'll be the "New" Midwest Express.
Remember the "New" Eastern.

Yeah, I know that MidEx is not on strike, but that's a SCAB move by RAH pilots if they do it.

Like it was said before, we fly it or you fired, or quit...the company keeps the Union in the Dark after several request for all info in this disgusting:puke: deal...but ofcourse is just easer to call a PILOT group the S word.

GuinessGuy who you work for??? I mean 170/190/A320

Last edited:
Looks like a USAir guy from the airplanes. The five percent rule is proven once again. Let him go. He's a wiener.

Trust me, the tone on our internal message board is less than excited. In fact, very few people are happy about this (No, I'm not one of them).

Midwest flying should be done by Midwest pilots. If they kept all their 717's and had an RFP...well that's a different story.

I'll say it once more. You can bet the farm and you'd lose, because we're not happy about it either. Best of luck to the MEH guys

I guess you didn't talk to any of the junior pilots who were on the verge of furlough or any of the captains about to be downgraded that are hoping to stay in the left seat. I have, and I have not heard a negative thing yet about this from a Republic pilot.

Tim wanted the Midwest pilots to work for $87/hour as a captain and $37/hour as a first officer. ALPA refused. Now he is bringing in pilots that are already proven to work that cheap happily. If the Midwest pilots do get those jobs back in a year, it will not be anywhere near current Midwest rates. This is a sad situation that will extend to other companies if it works.

What ever happened to Skyway? Are they still around?

I don't get why all of you think this has everything to do with the unions. It has nothing to do with the unions. Most airlines wouldn't can 76 percent of its fleet to prove a point. TPG just wants to lose the least amount of its investment. They put in more money, but it wasn't for a replacement for the 80. Republic put in money because NW wouldn't. For RAH, the shareholders just want those planes flying, making money, and giving a return on their investment. This boat just needs to float until the DL/NWA merger is approved. After that will likely be the end of Midwest.

So they can 'talk' of selling/leasing/transferring, doesn't mean that the plan. Every other carrier Midwest's size/service is gone. Long gone. What makes anyone think this will be any different?

The end game is that it will secure RAH flying for DL after the merger. RAH is just the cheapest gate keeper for MKE.

Guiness- Once again, another unprofessional use of the word scab. Good job.

Guys, relax, both the Midwest MEC and the Republic union are talking and are on the same page, the RAH teamsters is totally in support of our fight and our mec is very pleased with the communication between the two unions.

We all have to stay unified, we are all pilots and in this mess together.

And again, please stop using the S word.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back