• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic to Fly for Midwest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
sorry for my post. It was a knee jerk reaction. It shows how scope is so important. Sorry to the republic pilots being dragged into this.

No offense taken, most of us understand. I haven't heard anyone here take joy in what's unfolding. While this sentiment won't endear me to management or the newer pilots on our list, I would rather we furloughed as necessary for the loss of the Frontier airplanes than replace any of the flying currently being done by you and your crews. Once more positions worthy of achievment are apparently going to be replaced by a lower cost product which reduces our profession that much more. For those of us with higher aspirations it's disheartening to see this trend grow.

I wish all of you at Midwest the best of luck.

No offense taken, most of us understand. I haven't heard anyone here take joy in what's unfolding. While this sentiment won't endear me to management or the newer pilots on our list, I would rather we furloughed as necessary for the loss of the Frontier airplanes than replace any of the flying currently being done by you and your crews. Once more positions worthy of achievment are apparently going to be replaced by a lower cost product which reduces our profession that much more. For those of us with higher aspirations it's disheartening to see this trend grow.

I'm ex-Skyway AND a furloughed RAH pilot...and I totally agree with your sentiments.

Nice to see someone who gets the big picture.

Join Midwest Pilots Rally to Protest Outsourcing of Jobs
You’re invited to join the Midwest pilots at a rally in Milwaukee, Wisc., from 1200 noon to 0100 p.m. CDT on Wednesday, Oct. 1, 2008. Midwest pilots are protesting management’s outsourcing of their jobs in blatant disregard of their contract, and they are asking for your support.
Pilots will meet at 1000 a.m. at the Oak Creek Community Center, 8580 S. Howell Avenue, in Milwaukee (the telephone number there is 414-768-5840). Lunch will be served to the participants before going to the rally. Transportation will be provided to/from the rally. Wear your uniform with hat as well as your ALPA pin and lanyard, if you have them.
If you need more information about transportation between MKE and the Oak Creek Community Center, please contact Midwest’s SPC chairman, Capt. Jon Beard, at 414-704-2916. We’ll see you there!​

Last edited:
reminder....don't forget the hat!!!! Going to take alot more than some rally's to get things changed there. Time for the Republic side to stand up and say no. Too bad for Midwest that won't happen.

reminder....don't forget the hat!!!! Going to take alot more than some rally's to get things changed there. Time for the Republic side to stand up and say no. Too bad for Midwest that won't happen.

The RAH pilots must remember as many of the Midwest pilots have been recently, that meeting the requirements for fitness for flight as the AIM requires is becoming increasingly harder to comply with. The MKE FSDO is well aware of what is happening and a few are recent skyway pilots.

What section covers this?

Section 1(C)(1)

C. Subcontracting
1. The Company may engage in subcontracted flying under the following
circumstances: Subcontracting may be engaged in for periods not in
excess of one hundred eighty (180) days per occurrence during the term of
this Agreement when:
a. such subcontracting is necessary to accomplish the needs of the
service of the Company, and
b. the Company determines that it does not have sufficient or
appropriate aircraft, or sufficient or appropriately trained Pilots
available to perform the subcontracted flying, and
c. the Company does not furlough or displace any Pilot as a direct
result of such engagement in subcontracted flying.

Latest resources

Back