Republic to buy Comair?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ASH said:
CHQ pilot contract also forbids flying outside of it's seniority list. No whipsaw. No alter-ego @ RAH. If we bought Comair they would have to be on our list to fly.
Read the first paragraph of the CHQ scope clause carefully.

1. This Agreement covers the company, any subsidiary of the
company, the company’s parent, any subsidiary of the
company’s parent and any future airline certificate(s) created as
a subsidiary of the company or subsidiary of the company’s
parent.

It is the Maginot line: difficult to penetrate, but easy to circumvent. We will all standing here in our fortress looking smug and waiting for the frontal assault that we know is doomed to smash itself ineffectually against our impregnable defenses.

Then there will be a noise from behind....

Last edited:
jetflyer said:
Delta is gonna threaten CHQ and MESA with losing their contracts to fly for Delta unless they "BUY COMAIR".

CHQ or MESA, which ever, will NEVER MERGE THE LISTS WITH COMAIR.

I can't believe any of you really think there will ever be a merger, staple, etc.

Has anyone seen what has been going on at SKYWEST/ASA?

That is what you'll see.

The two companies will have to UNDERCUT EACH OTHER FOR FLYING FOR YEARS TO COME.

Being bought by CHQ or MESA is going to be bad no matter what.

Every time more flying is proposed they'll say, "Who wants it more?" or even worse, they'll say "If you don't take more paycuts we'll transfer your planes to CHQ!"

Jet

for all you wholly owned punks that love beating your chest, scope is a beautifal thing. while all you were bashing us for not getting top dollar, well at least we still have our scope. of course management may try to find a way around this, you never know.

i still think no junior manning is worth it's weight in gold too.

enjoy your new contract comair. oh yeah, on the off chance RAH does buy comair, we have our staplers ready. no love here for you guys.

Not the stapler again its rhetoric like this that makes this industry so cut throat now everybody wants to be big-man. Sadly if RAH was to buy Comair there willprobably be some sort of staple trust me I know firsthand.

jaybird said:
enjoy your new contract comair. oh yeah, on the off chance RAH does buy comair, we have our staplers ready. no love here for you guys.

jaybird... deep breaths buddy.

if anything's going to help this profession, lashing out at another pilot group as soon as you're given the opportunity is probably not the answer. have you not been in this industry long enough to have a few friends here and there who have lucked into some good or bad situations? if the current cut-throat competition between regionals continues, each will take its turn rising to the top for a few years with stronger contracts only to implode when they become uncompetitive. RAH is currently in the strange position of being a fairly well compensated regional. do not think your s#!% doesn't stink.

jaybird said:

hahah..what a dope

i'm not getting into a pissing match here. i have a few friends at cmr, however all we ever heard from the many of the cmr people here was how we lowered the bar time and again. all i ever hear in cvg or jfk is cheap shots on the radio, yet i have never had the pleasure of anyone with the balls to say anything to my face. obviously these punks are probably not the majority.

i'm out, bitches

jaybird said:
i have a few friends at cmr, however all we ever heard from the many of the cmr people here was how we lowered the bar time and again...obviously these punks are probably not the majority.

I don't think it's a majority but I have no way of knowing. The complexion of the Comair pilot group has changed a lot in the last five years. Some are bringing baggage with them from other airlines.

But I know what happened at Chautauqua. I know you guys voted down Jets for Jobs. I know Republic was then created during your negotiations with ALPA's blessing in order to place US Airways furloughees in there and the effect that whipsaw had on your bargaining. Not a proud moment to be an ALPA member.

What a lot of people don't know is that when Delta bought both ASA and Comair, the Comair pilots offered DOH to ASA even though Comair could have demanded much more. Of course ALPA was too weak to force the merger...twice...but in the intra union meetings Comair offered ASA DOH...twice.
When there was an attempt to merge ASA and Comair, the first words out of Comairs mouth were "DOH."
Its interesting now that a rumor about Republic buying Comair has surfaced, the first words out of their mouths is "staple."

sleddriver77 said:
Musta been that gimpy-azz hand that slowed him down. :D You back to work yet?

Tomorrow is the day. The therapist "discharged" me from having to wear the splint and introduced me to much more aggressive stretching and strength building this past week. It's still stiff (especially in the morning), but the doctor said I'm right where I should be and is pleased with my progress. My hand is still weak, I squeezed 130 lbs with my left hand, and only about 40 lbs with my right yesterday, but most of that was due to the skin being very sensative in the area between my thumb and forefinger (it really hurt to squeeze harder).

But it feels much stronger than before, the nerve sensation is coming back quickly (especially in the area of my thumbprint, where it matters most), and the stretching feels like it's really helping. Past the 6 week point, there is much less chance of damaging the repaired tendon, so I can really start strengthening it now, whereas before it was simply manual movement to prevent scar tissue from binding up the joint.

91 said:
It's still stiff (especially in the morning)

Lotsa guys have that problem! ;)

91 said:
(it really hurt to squeeze harder).

You don't say? :eek:

91 said:
the nerve sensation is coming back quickly...

Must suck getting old, buddy! At least they have those little blue pills for guys like you! :D Hope to see you back out there soon!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back