Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic looking at Bombardier C-Series to Maybe Replace F9 Airbuses?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Doesn't matter how many seats the 717 or the A318 has. They are considered mainline aircraft. As long as their is an E or C in front of the aircraft type management will consider it an RJ. Embraer could have a 180 seater and it will be considered an RJ unless the pilots stand up and say enough is enough. The Midwest pilots payed the ultimate price trying to standup for fair payscales... we untimately got shafted for doing it, but at least we had the balls to tell B.B to F*** OFF with his bull$hit payrates.

I believe that your wonderful management team brought you those rates, not BB. You said F-off to your own management team that inturn sold you down the river.

Just flew a 319 with 132 still. Don't fly the 318's often enough to know - I probably stand corrected on the 320.

Damn, we still have a 319 with 132...shows how much i pay attention. I guess i have been used to just putting in the numbers on the pink sheet that i didn't even realize.

I believe that your wonderful management team brought you those rates, not BB. You said F-off to your own management team that inturn sold you down the river.

Popeye,
Where do you think our wonderful mgmt team came up with those rates? They matched RAH rates almost to the cent. (FOs topping out at $36 and change for a 717/E-Jet)

This is why we think BB got involved in this deal in 08. And not just as a E170 lift provider for MEH.

Popeye,
Where do you think our wonderful mgmt team came up with those rates? They matched RAH rates almost to the cent. (FOs topping out at $36 and change for a 717/E-Jet)

This is why we think BB got involved in this deal in 08. And not just as a E170 lift provider for MEH.

Your management presented those rates to you. I have to agree that your management probably did get the numbers/consulting from our management. This is no different than our union IBT seeking consulting from other pilot labor unions to come up with a plan for our negotiations. Was RAH involved before the deal was official I'm sure, we were active investors as well as had a contract with you. TPG, Delta as well as the MW labor groups was also involved. That final decision of the fate of your company was made by the Board and the Midwest Management team. NOT RAH.

But if you guys wern't flying 100 seat aircraft for those rates...then they wouldn't exist. Don't you guys feel a little stupid flying the same aircraft as Jet Blue, but making half the money. Doesn't that bother anyone at Republic???

our 99 seater rates paid up to 40% more for CA's and up to 300% more for FO's versus the E190 rates Bedford is shelling out now.

but hey they wishfully think they'll get good rates with their next contract. hahaha.

You don't have any 717's or, for that fact, you don't have any planes at all to compare it to.

But if you guys wern't flying 100 seat aircraft for those rates...then they wouldn't exist. Don't you guys feel a little stupid flying the same aircraft as Jet Blue, but making half the money. Doesn't that bother anyone at Republic???

Im sorry, maybe I miss something. Did RAH have a 100 seat jet at the time? 8 I know exactly what your getting at and yes we get it. We are pissed. Sit back and let us go to work. Whats happening to our industry didn't happen in a day or a few hours. This was planned for years in advance. Right now our group is in the first mile of 26.2 mile race. Help us educate our pilots with patience, encouragement, and support.

Im sorry, maybe I miss something. Did RAH have a 100 seat jet at the time? 8 I know exactly what your getting at and yes we get it. We are pissed. Sit back and let us go to work. Whats happening to our industry didn't happen in a day or a few hours. This was planned for years in advance. Right now our group is in the first mile of 26.2 mile race. Help us educate our pilots with patience, encouragement, and support.

How can we (MEH) help and educate the pilots of RAH when your EXCO tells us one thing or cancels meetings or perhaps doesn't want to include MEH crews in the NEW RAH!
It all starts with you guys extending your hand to the Midwest group instead of tippy toeing around SLI. Lets get this dog and pony show done with; 390 of US are furloughed and only a handful have actual flying jobs as it stands right now.

Furloughed MEH

Doesn't matter how many seats the 717 or the A318 has. They are considered mainline aircraft. As long as their is an E or C in front of the aircraft type management will consider it an RJ. Embraer could have a 180 seater and it will be considered an RJ unless the pilots stand up and say enough is enough. The Midwest pilots payed the ultimate price trying to standup for fair payscales... we untimately got shafted for doing it, but at least we had the balls to tell B.B to F*** OFF with his bull$hit payrates.

I just wish ALPA advised you (Midwest pilots) to "S.O.S." or Strike the minute 3/4 of your pilot group got furloughed BY YOUR MNGMT. I am glad that you guys did not roll-over to B.B.! I just wish Republic Pilots can do the same thing..Selfworth is a must for achieving a good contract.

Whatever, we pilots leave on the bargaining table; MNGMT stuffs in their pockets. THIS NEEDS TO BE KNOWN... Our reduced salaries enable MNGMT to achieve higher salaries with good bonuses.

CYA

CYA

Last edited:
I just wish ALPA advised you (Midwest pilots) to "S.O.S." or Strike the minute 3/4 of your pilot group got furloughed BY YOUR MNGMT. I am glad that you guys did not roll-over to B.B.! I just wish Republic Pilots can do the same thing..Selfworth is a must for achieving a good contract.

Whatever, we pilots leave on the bargaining table; MNGMT stuffs in their pockets. THIS NEEDS TO BE KNOWN... Our reduced salaries enable MNGMT to achieve higher salaries with good bonuses.

CYA

CYA

Animal you do realize that although the SLI isn't complete you are a Republic Pilot. There are no Frontier pilots, Chq pilots, or Shuttle Pilots at this company. You are a Republic pilot that happen to be operating under a temp. Frontier contract. Midwest pilots in my eyes are Republic pilots that happen to be operating under a temp Midwest contract. See what happens when we are not together. I am ready to do what it takes to improve on that F9 contract to make it a Republic Airways contract for all of us. Are you willing to do the same?

If we allow Management to seperate us, it will be suicide for us all.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back