• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic hiring and domiciles

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
GREAT CORNHOLIO will tell you the only way to stay IFR current is to go flying on a 200 and 1/2 night in a POS 152. Go for it if you have the balls. Sup skippy

As the CRJ's come off of lease the will be gone. Continental would like to reduce it's 50 seat jet fleet. The best way for them to do that is let the CRJ go. The CRJ's are on a short term lease compared to the ERJ operated by ExpressJet.

As the CRJ's come off of lease the will be gone. Continental would like to reduce it's 50 seat jet fleet. The best way for them to do that is let the CRJ go. The CRJ's are on a short term lease compared to the ERJ operated by ExpressJet.
The CRJ's are on a short term lease...the CAL flying performed by CHQ is not. CHQ currently flies 145's as well as the CRJ for CAL...when the CRJ's dissapear they will be replaced by 145's.

GREAT CORNHOLIO will tell you the only way to stay IFR current is to go flying on a 200 and 1/2 night in a POS 152. Go for it if you have the balls. Sup skippy

1st of all it was a POS 150. 2nd your azz was crazy enough to ride along.

O god IFR in a 150 i didnt think they made them IFR certified.

O god IFR in a 150 i didnt think they made them IFR certified.

That was the first and only 150 I had ever seen that was IFR certified. Only got to fly it a few times then a line of TSRA's came thru and broke the tie downs and threw the 150 on top of a Duke breaking the 150 basically in half.

That was the first and only 150 I had ever seen that was IFR certified. Only got to fly it a few times then a line of TSRA's came thru and broke the tie downs and threw the 150 on top of a Duke breaking the 150 basically in half.

I have a C150 that is IFR certified!! So long as i have my trusty XM weather it isn't so bad!!

I have a year before I graduate I don't know when to start applying Im thinking around December? What do you guys think?

Considering all the airlines that have gone under in the past few months and the slowing of the industry, and the fact that fuel isn't going down. I think you will be hard pressed to find a 121 job with 200TT and no experience. You are going to be competing with some much higher time guys than you would've a year ago. Next year will be worse.

Judging by the current trend, I think you should be looking for CFI jobs. The days of the 200 hour wonderkid RJ FO are over... for now. You may have to flight instruct, fly traffic watch, or fly Grand Canyon tours to build time. We all had to do it, it sucks, but it weeds out the weak.

Sorry to sound all doom and gloom, but things aren't great right now. Good luck, and stick to it.

Alimbo,

Apply to Mesa, they are hiring

Latest resources

Back