• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic hiring and domiciles

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey man, get your ratings, get the mins, and throw your stuff in. We have been hiring everyone, the good and the bad.

What place is better currently?

Compass=Speculated to be on the chopping block

Do you have any information as to why Compass is on the chopping block? I know someone who is about to start there. Credible info only please.

Like he said "speculated", and I would go as far as saying its "highly speculative". Remember all the way back to March when people thought Comair was going to be sold-off and fed to the wolves? Boy, did that blow over quick.

Tell this person you know to ignore 96% of what you read on here and food will taste better and the sun will shine brighter. My two cents.

I would make sure that you have both a solid foundation of Total time and Instrument time. When Check Airman are having to spend time teaching basic attitude instrument flying to 500-1000hr new hires and then ultimately having to wash them out because they can't fly, it's a bad situation for everyone. I am sure this is true at other airlines as well. Be competent in your instrument flying. Total time is good, but you can have all the time in the world and not have a competent IFR background.
For the most part, people make it through ground school and the check ride, but when they get to IOE is where the real test begins.

Exactly. My main problem with the new hires that I've flown with over the last year or so is that fact that they have no IFR knowledge. They get confused on what clearance limits are, what kind of direct to clearance we can or can't take depending on MELs, how to actually shoot a full app without radar vectors...direct to the VOR and cleared for the app..looked over and deer in headlights look on FO. Number 2 gripe is they can't land the airplane straight. Always have some kind of side load or miss the centerline.

Thanks for all the help ya thats what Im most nervous about is keeping my IFR skills up. I guess the only remedy for that is to keep myself current and hope for the best. Along with a couple IFR flights every month or whatever money allows me to do.

I remember a few months ago and you were talking a bunch of smack about being the next Chuck Yeager. Hopefully that stuff was all just joking around smack talk. Either way glad to see you have this attitude now. Going up and flying on an IFR flight plan even on VFR days is the best way to get up to and stay on speed with the IFR stuff. The more flights you get in the system the more you will learn.

Ya i was totally screwing around I kno that with my times its a joke to say I know my ******************** Im good for the time I have but in general im green still lol. I simply love seeing people smack talk tho.

Yeah smack talk does keep this place fun.

I forwarded on a resume today to the hiring dept and was told that they were planning on calling people for classes starting in a few weeks. The delay was, as stated before, finding where those frames were going. From what I was told, it sounds like they have found a home.

I work for CHQ and I have heard nothing, not even a rumor, of where the extra aircraft may go. I think sold overseas will be the most likely option.

I work for CHQ and I have heard nothing, not even a rumor, of where the extra aircraft may go. I think sold overseas will be the most likely option.

BB was on our ORD-IND the other day and said he just left a meeting with the UAL folks about those birds... I know thats not 100%, probably not even 50%, but its a good sign.... or at least a sign.

Overall, great place to work. :beer:

Not sure if I'd go that far. Where did you work before RAH? That may alter your perception I suppose.

I enjoyed RAH but it was a disappointment compared to my previous regional, ACA.

Latest resources

Back