• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic hiring and domiciles

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I forwarded on a resume today to the hiring dept and was told that they were planning on calling people for classes starting in a few weeks. The delay was, as stated before, finding where those frames were going. From what I was told, it sounds like they have found a home.

The shaking out from DEN is going to take a bit of time, but the awards for the new bases already came out. So, get those guys trained up, and we will be good to go.

Ya well I am no where near the times needed let alone the fact I dont have my CPL so after this summer maybe Ill apply but really isnt worth it til Im closer to the mins which are high compared to the others. I believe they ask for 100 instrument. Do they count simulated instrument in that cause I noticed they say only 25hours in the sim counts.

I hate to say MGMT knows what they are doing but BB is a smart guy who has a plan. The Frontier situation set him back but he already has homes for those frames. The hiring will pick up again. Overall, great place to work. :beer:

100 hrs of "instrument" is a BS requirement. I wouldn't worry about that. I would be more worried about getting TT now that the milk's gone bad in the business. Shaniqua will be be more demanding of new hires now that they have a pool and MUCH more qualified guys are soon to be furloughed. The big boys have all stopped hiring guys not in a WO or already in a pool. The window for joining a place like Republic with real low time is SLAMING shut!!!!!

I would make sure that you have both a solid foundation of Total time and Instrument time. When Check Airman are having to spend time teaching basic attitude instrument flying to 500-1000hr new hires and then ultimately having to wash them out because they can't fly, it's a bad situation for everyone. I am sure this is true at other airlines as well. Be competent in your instrument flying. Total time is good, but you can have all the time in the world and not have a competent IFR background.
For the most part, people make it through ground school and the check ride, but when they get to IOE is where the real test begins.

Thanks for all the help ya thats what Im most nervous about is keeping my IFR skills up. I guess the only remedy for that is to keep myself current and hope for the best. Along with a couple IFR flights every month or whatever money allows me to do.

******************** I don't expect to get on with less than 800 hopefully they will help me out a lot I wont lie Im def guna need all the help getting used to the adjustment I just hope they don't care about answering a lot of questions.

We aren't XJT. We don't lease our planes. RAH owns these birds they haven't lost any bodies. They are still currently taking deliveries of them and have options on E190s. I'm guessing they took those just to turn around and sell. One of the Frontier planes is already flying for United. We still had more planes scheduled to be delivered to United/DAL so these will more than likely go there. With the planes being shifted growth for the moment has stopped. Just a reaction needed to find out what they want to do with the rest. No frames have been lost. A contract was lost, but no frames. They are still needed elsewhere and will be moved.

do u work at rah? 91 of those "birds" are leased.

Latest resources

Back