Republic hiring and domiciles

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Talian

I know that nothing is a sure thing in these times but does anyone have an idea how the hiring looks in the next couple of months?

Also how much of a choice does a new hire have in picking domicile? I really would want PHL, is it a junior base?

Any info would be great...

I think people are being placed in pools due to the training department being swamped but i could be wrong.

Pools because the fact they lost the frontier flying, 12 airplanes plus 5 on order. 17 AC lost....August is the soonest maybe!

The pool will be full until at least the end of the summer. By then, perhaps the company will have redistributed the displaced Denver crews and airplanes. In answer to your question, PHL is a base for the Republic (RW) certificate. That is the side of the company that is fattest in terms of staffing with the DEN base going away, so new hires will most likely be going to Shuttle and Chautauqua for a while. If you manage to end up on the RW certificate, then PHL is a pretty junior base.

Im hoping myself to get on the S5 side at ORD but I got a year to go before that can be a reality.

I would not expect any classes for awhile. I don't know if they are still interviewing or not. 2 months ago I would have said this is a great place to get on with. Now I would suggest looking elsewhere.....

Pools because the fact they lost the frontier flying, 12 airplanes plus 5 on order. 17 AC lost....August is the soonest maybe!
We aren't XJT. We don't lease our planes. RAH owns these birds they haven't lost any bodies. They are still currently taking deliveries of them and have options on E190s. I'm guessing they took those just to turn around and sell. One of the Frontier planes is already flying for United. We still had more planes scheduled to be delivered to United/DAL so these will more than likely go there. With the planes being shifted growth for the moment has stopped. Just a reaction needed to find out what they want to do with the rest. No frames have been lost. A contract was lost, but no frames. They are still needed elsewhere and will be moved.

I would not expect any classes for awhile. I don't know if they are still interviewing or not. 2 months ago I would have said this is a great place to get on with. Now I would suggest looking elsewhere.....

What place is better currently?

XJT=COLA
SKW=COLA
Horizon=Dumping CRJs
Comair=Expected to start hiring, long upgrade
Mesaba=Might be a good place. DAL might enjoy having the T-props with the fuel prices.
Compass=Speculated to be on the chopping blocks
Mesa=Need I say more
GoJet/TSA= Sub-par contract
Eagle=On chopping block WITH long upgrade

I'm not trying to stroke any egos but RAH still looks to be the better choice right now. Like I said "Right Now". Could easily change tomorrow with COLAs, lost flying, etc. Who knows in this world. Regionals all suck for a reason. Given the environment you can't really bank on any of them but RAH is looking like the best shot.

What place is better currently?

XJT=COLA
SKW=COLA
Horizon=Dumping CRJs
Comair=Expected to start hiring, long upgrade
Mesaba=Might be a good place. DAL might enjoy having the T-props with the fuel prices.
Compass=Speculated to be on the chopping blocks
Mesa=Need I say more
GoJet/TSA= Sub-par contract
Eagle=On chopping block WITH long upgrade

I'm not trying to stroke any egos but RAH still looks to be the better choice right now. Like I said "Right Now". Could easily change tomorrow with COLAs, lost flying, etc. Who knows in this world. Regionals all suck for a reason. Given the environment you can't really bank on any of them but RAH is looking like the best shot.

I think this place has future, but if your on the outside looking in how long are you going to wait? I have heard the rumor of maybe classes in August? The real answer is no-one knows it could be much longer.

I have a year before I graduate I don't know when to start applying Im thinking around December? What do you guys think?

Latest resources

Back