• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic gone in 2011?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BB has a few more plays up his sleeves. They are low on cash and need a code share partner, or a buyout though.

I guess BB's direct line to God has been disconnected.

I think the RAH pilots would love nothing more that to merge with JB or Virgin. However how would this work. After the SLI is done at RAH, which will happen way before a merger, you can't merge just the A320 operation. You would have to merge all of the fixed fee for departure also. As this involves 4 other Legacy carriers this would be an interesting event to say the least. Sure the fleet type's would merge well with the A320's and E-190, but a merger would include all the types and pilots that come with them. Not sure how this would all go down. As after the SLI RAH will all be one company and all the pilots will be on one seniority list. This would have to be a hostile takeover and buyout, which I think we all know BB has to big of an ego to let that happen and would rather run the place into the ground.

As long as the certificates remain separate this is easily gotten around. For RAH to sell off the F9 certificate, pilots included after the SLI would be quite simple. Nothing says you have to buy a whole company.

Plus I'm not so sure it is fair to say the SLI will be done way before a merger. Merger = engaged business interests anxious to get a deal done.. SLI = One man whose schedule is preset 4 months out and has no vested interest in completion.

Just sayin.

Oh and Frontier has been ripe for a buyout since about 07. I need a job where I get paid to state the obvious.

cale

Damn that awful southwest, they wanted to staple Frontier to the bottom of their list with 45-55 % pay raises. SHAME ON THEM!

Damn that awful Southwest, whose epic hubris let them walk into a complex deal unprepared and outmatched in the court by Bedford of all people. Damn that awful Southwest for trying to get by on their laurels alone, not bringing nearly enough money to the table, in the process screwing up what could have been a good thing. Damn that awful Southwest for artfully crafting a narrative wherein FAPA takes the blame for scuttling a deal that was in fact fumbled by SWA themselves.

Damn this board, damn this thread, damn this damn industry.

SWA brought exactly the amount of money to the table that the deal was worth to them. When the ante went a penny higher, they walked. It had NOTHING to do with the pilots. That is a fact.

Outmatched in court by Bedford? It's starting to look like RAH paid to much. I just hope the AAI pilots don't get to greedy and end up like Frontier. I know, I know that would never happen, because Bond Macaskill will not let it.

Alaska could extend their reach with an acquisition, and have more of a national presence. They have the money. But alas won't happen to conservative of a company.

Alaska could extend their reach with an acquisition, and have more of a national presence. They have the money. But alas won't happen to conservative of a company.

But they are too smart to buy a bunch of airbus and a route system that does not make money. Organic growth is ALK's MO.

Latest resources

Back