• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic gone in 2011?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I hope to be gone from Republic in 2011!

Little old Chautaqua sure has changed since I was hired 6+ years ago, but the pilot contract is the same.

Republic brings nothing but the remnants of Frontier and what little is left of Midwest to the table. They will not merge the rj operation with any lcc like jet blue or bigger. Too much conflict with all the money they suck off the legacy's to stay afloat. Without that money from the legacy's RAH is nothing....except the Frontier operation and the remnants of Midwest. They are more like a renter than a owner of anything.

Its too bad RAH ever took over Frontier and Midwest. Everyone would have been better off without it. Including RAH pilots. IMHO.

Pretty bold move to bite the hand that feeds you. When RAH purchased Midwest and Frontier that's exactly what happened. Did anyone think DAL and UAL wouldn't notice a feeder was in direct competition? I'm sure the capacity agreements run for a while, but new business is scarce.

After what they pulled with the lack of integration of Midwest Airlines crew members, not many people will feel bad for RAH.

Karma can be a real bitch.

Sorry folks, when I watched that undercover CEO show, it revealed how clueless Bedford was in knowledge of running an airline. He's doing this for one reason, bottom line, golden parachute, sorry folks, it's over.

Maybe someone will acquire Frontier in the same manner RAH acquired Midwest. That should work out good for 'em, right? Just like it's worked out for the MEH folks, right. Good, just so we all agree!

Ahhh, if I had a dollar for every time somebody said we were dead here at Frontier. Granted, I'm not saying it can't or won't happen, but it still is funny how the sky seems to have an infinite capacity to fall.

Quote from Airliners.net:

Yes, let's all be concerned about this article. Below are two other articels from the same authoer, Douglas A. McIntyre. In 2009, it was speculated that 12 brands would disappear...in 2010, ten would be gone by the end of the year. The links are below.

2009...http://247wallst.com/2009/04/15/twelve-major-brands-that-will-disappear/

1. Avis
2. Borders
3. Crocs (footwear)
4. Saturn
5. Esquire Magazine
6. Gap (GAP) Old Navy and Banana Republic...note, all three were at risk in 2009.
7. Architectural Digest Magazine
8. The Chrysler brand
9. Eddie Bauer
10. Palm
11. AIG
12. United Airlines, AMR (AMR) and US Air (LCC)

How many of these have actually disappeared?

2010...http://247wallst.com/2009/12/02/the-ten-brands-that-will-disappear-in-2010/

1. Newsweek
2. Motorola
3. Palm
4. Borders
5. Blockbuster
6. Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac
7. Ambac Financial Group
8. Eastman Kodak
9. Sun Microsystems
10. E*Trade

Are we seeing a pattern here with how reliable this author is about the companies that will be gone forever each year? Palm and Borders have been making the list for the past couple of years. United Airlines was supposed to be gone, but alas, is still around.

In fact, look at the 2008 list (http://247wallst.com/2008/01/24/the-large-us-co/) and try not to laugh...Sears, Qwest, Yahoo, Sprint, Ford, and Citigroup, all of which I think are still around.

Me thinks Douglas A. McIntyre should get a new job because so many of his predictions seem to be companies that continue to stand the test of time. Frontier, we will see you in the air for decades to come.

I think Frontier will be spun back off the rj operation and run alone. RAH will go back to being a regional feed for the majors.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back