• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic gone in 2011?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wall Street has also become increasingly worried about Republic's future. Its shares are down 13% over the last quarter, while shares in rival JetBlue are up 9% during the same time frame. Frontier's Milwaukee hub, which serves the East and Midwest, and its Denver hub, which serves the West, the South, and Mexico, would be valuable to a larger carrier. Airline mergers and buyouts like the Continental/United deal and Delta's takeover of Northwest are popular in the industry because they allow for personnel reductions and route cuts -- as well as trimming the number of aircraft that have to be maintained. Two airlines together can have a better margin than separately. Frontier is a buyout target; its brand is not.

Way to go Bryan. ******************** up a great airline in 18 months.

Be nice to have a mulligan with WN

Gup

Nice quote scoreboard. Borders is going bankrupt, Frontier is a buyout candidate, but much more fun to blur the distinction for anyone who skims your post. It is an interesting article, regardless.

I could see a merger of virgin amercia,jetblue and frontier and called "virgin blue" ....it would give them a great coast to coast route structure which would allow for growth and competition against southwest, IMHO.

Not a very interesting read, and the source is as speculative as the rumors in ground school. Thanks for sharing, none-the-less. I know some who agree it's ripe for a buyout.

Frontier is a gonner, Republic even more so. That amalgamation of regional feeders isn't going to work this time just like it never worked in the past. We have to get rid of all republic flying across the board.

I think the RAH pilots would love nothing more that to merge with JB or Virgin. However how would this work. After the SLI is done at RAH, which will happen way before a merger, you can't merge just the A320 operation. You would have to merge all of the fixed fee for departure also. As this involves 4 other Legacy carriers this would be an interesting event to say the least. Sure the fleet type's would merge well with the A320's and E-190, but a merger would include all the types and pilots that come with them. Not sure how this would all go down. As after the SLI RAH will all be one company and all the pilots will be on one seniority list. This would have to be a hostile takeover and buyout, which I think we all know BB has to big of an ego to let that happen and would rather run the place into the ground.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back