Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic/Frontier/Midwest SLI Arbitration?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There always someone who got the boot at F9 and can't let it go....wonder who that is? BTW Is there STILL people who think that the WN-F9 Deal was 1) Legit and not a red herring? 2) Ideas exchanged in good faith? 3) FAPA should release the list of contingencies that would have nixed the Senority deal, but left an ATA-style pickover for assets at DEN....my favorite was $80 a barrel for a short while....Good luck Trannies, you'll just have to see the luv for yourselves.....

The arbitrator ran out toilet papper!!!

So nothing happened yet?

Best guess right now is late January. As a Frontier pilot I see this as only a positive thing. If arbitrator Eishen was to just use his original draft (which would of been a windfall for RAH pilots) then he would not of taken this long to issue his final award. Just my opinion, but I think and hope that his new award will resemble more of FAPA's original proposal. Anything less and Frontier will see huge attrition and will have to hire off the street until a new agreement is made IF STS is determined.

Best guess right now is late January. As a Frontier pilot I see this as only a positive thing. If arbitrator Eishen was to just use his original draft (which would of been a windfall for RAH pilots) then he would not of taken this long to issue his final award. Just my opinion, but I think and hope that his new award will resemble more of FAPA's original proposal. Anything less and Frontier will see huge attrition and will have to hire off the street until a new agreement is made IF STS is determined.

One can always hope, but there is quite a gulf between the rumored draft award and FAPA's final proposal. To call the rumors going around as a windfall are an understatement. This thing is going to redefine the term and Eichen will have worked his last SLI as an independent contractor, at least in aviation. Who in the world would hire him now that he has apparently gone off the reservation. He was very high on everyone's list due to his past consistency. This decision will also probably guarantee a panel of arbitrators in the future SLI's. The chances of multiple arbitrators losing their minds simultaneously should be less than the chances of one going rogue on his own.

Whatever happens, attrition at F9 may break the back of RAH's thin balance sheet.

Not to disagree with you A320 kid but it doesnt matter how the SLI goes, attrition in F9 and RAH is going to be out of control... I mean there FO's living this mess for JB!! good for them, maybe with the barrel of oil close to 100 may slow down thingsa bit but I'm telling you this is going to be a ghost town...Remember we are a regional/national airline and that's how management treats everyone!!
PS: be very carefull with the kool-aid from HQ, is to die for!!!

Anything less and Frontier will see huge attrition and will have to hire off the street until a new agreement is made IF STS is determined.

Huge attrition is exactly what RAH management wants. At this place pilots are a liability, commodity, disposable good. F9 is no different; trust me I've been at RAH long enough to know. With time you will learn how to read between the line of the biweekly newsletter, and it's already been said: LCC pilots are expected to move on to the majors. It is in Management's best interest for you to leave. Buddha is right, people are bailing out left and right. I don't think this place will become a ghost town because there is always younger guys looking at building time and a quick upgrade and I'm sure we will be flooded with apps when we resume hiring, but it is true this place is always going to be run like a regional. Passengers don't care about the product and as long as tickets are cheap they will buy. Management knows that.

Well, I hope all the guys who spook and run now are senior to me. It will make the 5 years between the SLI Award and any chance of actually implementing it, a lot better for me. ;-)

Latest resources

Back