• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic/Chataqua

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's in the contract. Layovers of more than 18 hours a crew slut is provided.

Unfortunately, Wiskerbizkits fat mother has lowered the bar.

JetFumes said:
Just curious what the training is like at Chataqua. Plus, how do they determine if you go to the 170 or the 145?

ATP mins for the 170

below that...the 145

1 year anniv coming up next month and in that time, moved up about 35 spots and have 350+ pilots behind me with more and more so I'd say come on over b/c if u think about it, we have had continually strong growth pre 9/11 and post 9/11 and more and more to come b/c of the 170s

Good Luck in your decision!

This website has too much love! :D

Last edited:
The upgrade will eventually stop. A big reason is this: Not too many senior heads are going to the 170. When they start going to the 170, they will be taking the captain slots. The 145's are going away, thats already underway, so figure it out for yourselves. Soon the 145's will be gone and the upgrade will not be the same because we will be getting A/C but also losing A/C.

low-key said:
The upgrade will eventually stop. A big reason is this: Not too many senior heads are going to the 170. When they start going to the 170, they will be taking the captain slots. The 145's are going away, thats already underway, so figure it out for yourselves. Soon the 145's will be gone and the upgrade will not be the same because we will be getting A/C but also losing A/C.

Good point... to answer the question of the first gentleman I would say the upgrade is 1 year 7 months to about 2 years. There is going to be a lot of growth with the 170. I have been w/ chq 1 year & 2 months and I should be close to upgrade sometime inbetween January and March. Hope this helps, best of luck.

Way too many of you CHQ F/O's are banking on upgrading within the 18-24 month time frame. A few poeple just over a year on property are upset that they have not upgraded yet. People buying cars, houses, and big ticket items banking on that 18 month upgrade. Big mistake!

When crewplanning called I was completely shocked...I was enjoying life as a senior F/O.

Like I said don't count on the 18 month upgrade...and do a good job as an F/O.

Mike Oxlong said:
Way too many of you CHQ F/O's are banking on upgrading within the 18-24 month time frame. A few poeple just over a year on property are upset that they have not upgraded yet. People buying cars, houses, and big ticket items banking on that 18 month upgrade. Big mistake!

When crewplanning called I was completely shocked...I was enjoying life as a senior F/O.

Like I said don't count on the 18 month upgrade...and do a good job as an F/O.

Hey, I hope you didn't think I was mad because I haven't upgraded. I am just looking forward to it. I am optimistic in the upgrade. I love being an FO but once the upgrade opportunity comes I will be in the next class, even if I have to sit reserve for a year or who knows how long. However, if I don't upgrade in 2.5 years its still ok... I heard about the people buying cars, houses and I agree with you. I also heard they had a big ego to go with all of it but that is definitely not me....... thankyou

I just bought a house, boat and car....dammit I better upgrade LOL

O but I forgot to mention my wife makes all the money

I heard something about the 170's flying out of BNA. Is that happening sometime soon? And would they use BNA as a crew base?

I just talked to a buddy of mine, as of right now, BNA is not a base.. sure wish they'd make it one..

OldManPilot said:
Before you apply, might I suggest you learn how to spell Chautauqua. That would be an instant trashcan app.

Ironically enough, I misspelled the company's name on all of my initial paperwork I sent in to them. When the call came back for an interview, I was mystified that I couldn't find any information about "Chautaugua Airlines" on the internet, until I realized my mistake.

And yes, the quick upgrades will eventually come to an end. 15 months with the company, and I am figuring maybe sometime around the holidays. It all depends on the MidAtlantic airplanes and how that mess settles out. However, I have been down that road before, having enjoyed a brief stay in the left seat at another company only to have it snatched right out from under me 3 years ago, so I'm not counting my chickens just yet.

The fates have smiled on the pilots at the company for the last few years, and every month that things are good only increases the chances it will change for the worse next month.

Latest resources

Back