• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic CEO says undercover stint opened his eyes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BB is a tool and it showed... that being said I wish things would have worked out with you guys and SW..you would have been a real good fit.. not trying to stir or bring up the past just making an inside observation.. You guys deserve a lot better than RP. Best of luck to all you guys and gals over there, I really do hope it all works out.

Sue deserved more, she was awesome.

Why does F9 deserve better than RP? Please explain

Last edited:
" You guys deserve a lot better than RP."

WTF did Chautauqua do to frontier?

En Mort Main

p.s. RP= Chautauqua Airlines

Last edited:
So my take from this show is he'll try to get longer turn times for the cleaner crew, NOT, he'll most likely have the FA's do it and fire the cleaners (fewer jobs). He'll hire more contract folks for underwing at outstations (cheaper labor) and kill the double job folks who probably like it because they get more pay but because their duty is reduced they will now see a pay cut (cheaper labor).

AND he'll give the 10% back maybe in 3 years IF the economy is better, maybe, once he gets his cheaper labor, and the cost of living has gone up 12%.

Did I miss anything, besides the obvious "holy roller" setup?

Last edited:
So I'm getting my hair cut today and the subject of the show comes up. I didnt see it, and without tipping my thoughts I asked the barber what he thought of the show and what he thought of the man. He thought the show looked contrived to get publicity for companies that needed it (this is N.E. and he never heard of Frontier or Republic). He thought BB was totally scamming and had the feel of "a snake in the grass".

I told him he was spot on - BB flushed hundreds of highly experienced pilots and FA's for lesser experienced cheaper ones. The shock in his eyes was priceless. I know he's a barber but it was a realistic man on the street opinion...

I'm surprised that no one here picked up on a very important fact.

Not only did he not even attempt to "mirror" a pilot's average day, to at least see what we do, let alone experience it...maybe do a sim ride...do a 2 day trip in the jumpseat...

He didn't even mention the WORD PILOT!!!!!! Pilots don't even exist to him...

So..lesson here boys and girls is this...

The CEO can stumble through just about everyone's job at the airline and figure it out, but he didn't even attempt the pilot's job. All the more reason we should be compensated extremely well for what we do...It's a specialty, and not everyone can/should do it...

Funny how he had to go undercover to understand people don't like/need paycuts. And that GOD stuff, com'on.

(SWA/FO says God is #1)

I'm surprised that no one here picked up on a very important fact.

Not only did he not even attempt to "mirror" a pilot's average day, to at least see what we do, let alone experience it...maybe do a sim ride...do a 2 day trip in the jumpseat...

He didn't even mention the WORD PILOT!!!!!! Pilots don't even exist to him...

So..lesson here boys and girls is this...

The CEO can stumble through just about everyone's job at the airline and figure it out, but he didn't even attempt the pilot's job. All the more reason we should be compensated extremely well for what we do...It's a specialty, and not everyone can/should do it...

Great post!

Latest resources

Back