Republic and AMR in talks about "large RJs"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Republic Pilots,

Go ahead and get that fourth stripe on your jacket and order those shiney new wings. Your about to take over ALOT of AA Mainline flying.

I'm sure you commuters will recieve a warm welcome on the AA Jumpseat as you smile and say "hello" on your way to work.

Your CEO (Republics) has said about the 1113 to AA pilots hard earned contract, "We think it's good news for us" or something to that effect.

Tell your wife, girlfriend, boyfriend......"I'm flying for American now".

At some point in this process, mark my words....there will be a picket line of AA pilots coming to your Airport to Defend this profession....be sure to come by and say hi!

Yawn.

(and I'm not even an RAH pilot)

Crown and Coke-

As a disinterested observer to all the Republic drama, I note your bitterness at the fate of Lynx. Some anger and bitterness is to be expected and is certainly understandable, but this has gone on for years now with no sign of abating.

I think you should ask yourself whether you are feeding on it or is it feeding on you. Either way, it is driving you to an early grave. Seek help.

Last edited:
you're talking about a company that had 100% cancellation pay, never deadheaded us, 2/1 duty rigs, allowed us to slide vacations 3 days in any direction, hotels that weren't near the airport, etc. That more than made up for the poor compensation, which was heading in the right direction.

One of your captains, I think his initials are TE (KC based guy) told me that Lynx guys should have been stapled to the bottom. Pretty sure that's a reflection on the rest of your pilot group

I'm glad you were thrown some bones, but your late, unlamented 70+ seat payscale is public knowledge. In the hands of RAH's management crew, it could have done some real damage.

Lynx was a small core of good folks who signed on to a bottom-rung compensation package in the hopes it would become something better. It didn't work out for you. While you have my condolences, this in no way makes you unique, or deserving of special treatment. I was hired by Republic not long after Lynx started flying, and it wasn't my first rodeo either. Your company was acquired by RAH while I was on the street, and the IND boys were busy explaining why they couldn't afford to pay me or several hundred other new hires. The eventual seniority list put the majority of Lynx's new hire F/Os above me, had I chosen to stay at RAH. At no point did I share your peculiar form of bitterness, because none of the above was within any pilot's sphere of influence.

The fact is, Republic pilots mostly range between welcoming to ambivalent on the topic of Lynx. Even if they did have something against you, their opinions withing the RAH framework are irrelevant. Your enemies are the criminals with the seven-figure compensation packages who actually had discretion over the life or death of Lynx. As long as you've chosen to wallow in your persecution complex, you could at least direct all that blame somewhere productive.

Oh, and that bit with anecdotal semi-cited statements somehow applying universally to thousands of people? Are you just reading from "Baby's First Book of Logical Fallacies", or is this actually how you've decided to live your life?

Last edited:
Republic Pilots,

Go ahead and get that fourth stripe on your jacket and order those shiney new wings. Your about to take over ALOT of AA Mainline flying.

I'm sure you commuters will recieve a warm welcome on the AA Jumpseat as you smile and say "hello" on your way to work.

Your CEO (Republics) has said about the 1113 to AA pilots hard earned contract, "We think it's good news for us" or something to that effect.

Tell your wife, girlfriend, boyfriend......"I'm flying for American now".

At some point in this process, mark my words....there will be a picket line of AA pilots coming to your Airport to Defend this profession....be sure to come by and say hi!

And? It's called the real world......always cracks me up when pilots act all incredulous about flying. We all provide lift..period. Never seem to be all upset when comair gets shut down, or some regional loses flying....but heaven forbid some diabolical regional puke has the nerve to fly a plane from dfw to lit that used to be a 88.... That guy is doing it at the expense of some mainline guy.....count me in the camp of people that doesn't give a crap any more than that mainline guy gives a crap about me when a 319 goes from atl to aug or fay.

And if some day someone comes in and does it cheaper or more efficient than my company...then so be it....won't hear me crying victim....Some of you guys need to grow a pair

Our little Misguided Commuter Buddies,.......It's our fault, really it is. We let this happen. We wanted to be fairly compensated for the flying you now do. We lost the battle, but we will will win this war......Delta is taking 717's and putting them into service with Mainline pilots at mainline wages.....sorry Comair, One tumor gone, many more to follow.

Cheers

Last edited:
Wow, you're one classy fellow.

Yep!!! It sounds like he went from the right seat of a C152 to a right seat A320/B737!!! Lucky him...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our little Misguided Commuter Buddies,.......It's our fault, really it is. We let this happen. We wanted to be fairly compensated for the flying you now do. We lost the battle, but we will will win this war......Delta is taking 717's and putting them into service with Mainline pilots at mainline wages.....sorry Comair, One tumor gone, many more to follow.

Cheers

Dude...you got balls of steel posting this with J31 and ATR under the list of aircraft you've flown. You're another one of those 'pull up the ladder' schmucks all us regional pukes love.

Latest resources

Back