• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic Airways to Acquire 10 Embraer 190AR Aircraft from US Airways

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Quite sad for the US domestic airline scene as US and Jetblue tried to operate the 190 at some semblence of a mainline rate, now the US part is gone. It's going to be Jetblue holding the bag defending the 190 as a mainline machine.
If RAH wants to operate them at such low rates, it's time for ALPA to do something about it and have all ALPA carriers amend their contracts to ban RAH pilots from a free ride until the carrier offers appropriate compensation for the mainline 190. Which ALPA carrier wouldn't go for that? DAL, UAL, heck even SWA and Airtran all want to compete against RAH's 190's on an even basis, not at some subpar labor basis.
`

...And you can say the same thing about the CRJ, BAE-146, etc...

Advocating a jumpseat war because pilots operating under a 6+ year old contract and deep into negotiations aren't paid what a particular airframe (that they didn't have when said 6+ year old contract was ratified) "deserves"?

You never go full retard, even on Flightinfo...and that post just went there and then some.

Considering how ALPA didn't ban JetBlue pilots from a free ride when their A320 rates were 60-70% the industry average (how quickly some people forget), however, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Full retard...hahaha

RAH pilots, it's time to do the right thing and insist on the integration of Midwest pilots NOW!

It's not war....

Advocating a jumpseat war because pilots operating under a 6+ year old contract and deep into negotiations aren't paid what a particular airframe (that they didn't have when said 6+ year old contract was ratified) "deserves"?

You never go full retard, even on Flightinfo...and that post just went there and then some.

Considering how ALPA didn't ban JetBlue pilots from a free ride when their A320 rates were 60-70% the industry average (how quickly some people forget), however, I wouldn't hold my breath.

I think everyone sees what is happening at an alarming rate. It's not a jumpseat war if it's universal. NOTHING will move RAH to the negotiating table faster than for its pilots, UNABLE TO COMMUTE TO WORK, stranded all over the countryside due to shifting bases and sub par wages.
ALPA has nads, it sets the standards for minimum pay and workrules for EVERY aircraft and then works to get jumpseat authorized to carriers who participate.
Is it a profession or not? That is the question. If you want help getting RAH to the table, well that's your motivation. When the teamsters goes to the company and says...."due to our subpar wages and lousy workrules, we have been blacklisted off of every ALPA jumpseat as of Jan, and we don't have the manpower at our bases to staff the airline without the free rides, so fix it now, or we're done!"
The ALPA carriers won't resist too bad as they are as much the potential victims of RAH's shenanigans as anyone. I bet with proper planning you could even get SWAPA, and APA on board!
It's not a war, it's setting a STANDARD! A MINIMUM if you will! Some may still negotiate higher, but they should not tolerate being used to undercut eachother any longer.
What's the problem with this scenario? If the regional pay was standardized and indexed to inflation by the union, you'd be amazed at how the company would have to play ball, or they would not be able to support their schedules. How many Comair pilots live in greater NY area? How many regional pilots live in Hawaii? How many RAH pilots commute all over the place? All subsidized by the industry in the way of jumpseat and pass travel.

Full of LUV, your profile aircraft indicate you most likely worked at MESA. Which bars did you raise while getting your TPIC before making it to WN?

Full of LUV said:
ALPA has nads

Sure it does...:rolleyes:

That's why ALPA National welcomed CAL scabs back with open arms, and why legacy airline ALPA MECs and pilot groups have sold their scope and allowed thousands of mainline pilot jobs to be outsourced to regional carriers in ever-increasing larger small jets.

What's the problem with this scenario? If the regional pay was standardized and indexed to inflation by the union, you'd be amazed at how the company would have to play ball, or they would not be able to support their schedules. How many Comair pilots live in greater NY area? How many regional pilots live in Hawaii? How many RAH pilots commute all over the place? All subsidized by the industry in the way of jumpseat and pass travel.
The law of unintended consequences must be a foreign concept to you...to say nothing of economics, the RLA, reality, or a half-dozen other important topics contrary to your pie-in-the-sky "proposal".

Full of LUV...Did you work for Mesa?

Boiler up?

That's why ALPA National welcomed CAL scabs back with open arms, and why legacy airline ALPA MECs and pilot groups have sold their scope and allowed thousands of mainline pilot jobs to be outsourced to regional carriers in ever-increasing larger small jets.

The law of unintended consequences must be a foreign concept to you...to say nothing of economics, the RLA, reality, or a half-dozen other important topics contrary to your pie-in-the-sky "proposal".

First of all, no never worked for MESA. I understand the dynamics of pilots looking for work and the only way to advance is to take the available work. I'm not bashing the pilots, it's human nature, it will take the Major pilots to stop the erosion of what is a major pilot job, I get that.

Boiler up, what is the "unintended consequence" you are afraid of? Pie in the sky, it would just take some cooperation between ALPA/APA/ and SWAPA to work. Determine the MINIMUM for the profession and only let professionals ride the jumpseat.
Don't complain that VA is undercutting anything while the other majors (and regionals) subsidize their labor costs by providing free rides to all their employees who cant afford to work out of SFO.
If negotiated, you won't be breaking RLA because there is no "god given" right for VA, or RAH pilots to JS on any major. There is no "strike", it would just be RAH's unwillingness to raise their pay to the level of professional carrier that would prevent them from utilizing everyone elses metal to transport their crews to and from work.
I think that RAH would be at the table quickly, they have to staff their planes. The Minimum wouldn't be anything that was unsustainable, but it would make it a tad harder to keep selling interisland HI tickets for $29 each way.
Boiler, you need to "cowboy up" and lose the defeated attitude, otherwise nothing will ever change. If we have a union, then lets use it. If not, then save the dues and everyone for themselves.
LUV

ALPA has it's issues....

I meant to say " ALPA needs to grow some nads"

You are right, if a union is open to accepting scabs then their misguided notion of an "all inclusive" union is just that. How about using ALPA, SWAPA, and the APA to get done what needs to get done. We are just labor, but labor is required to make the planes go.

Management can't sue everyone, and who would RAH management sue if their pilots were unable to get to work?

This is a golden opportunity for pilots to place a stick in the sand and say enough is enough! E190 pay is at $XX per hour with these work rules, anything less is unprofessional.

Latest resources

Back