• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic Airways to Acquire 10 Embraer 190AR Aircraft from US Airways

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Unfortunately RAH has the lowest FO pay in the industry, for jets. How can you compete with that? Great job RAH pilots, enjoy the 190’s.

Not any big suprise. They where pretty much the only one that could benefit from the plane and had the money to make this happen.

Well well....

Unfortunately RAH has the lowest FO pay in the industry, for jets. How can you compete with that? Great job RAH pilots, enjoy the 190’s.

Quite sad for the US domestic airline scene as US and Jetblue tried to operate the 190 at some semblence of a mainline rate, now the US part is gone. It's going to be Jetblue holding the bag defending the 190 as a mainline machine.
If RAH wants to operate them at such low rates, it's time for ALPA to do something about it and have all ALPA carriers amend their contracts to ban RAH pilots from a free ride until the carrier offers appropriate compensation for the mainline 190. Which ALPA carrier wouldn't go for that? DAL, UAL, heck even SWA and Airtran all want to compete against RAH's 190's on an even basis, not at some subpar labor basis.
`

Full of LUV said:
If RAH wants to operate them at such low rates, it's time for ALPA to do something about it and have all ALPA carriers amend their contracts to ban RAH pilots from a free ride until the carrier offers appropriate compensation for the mainline 190.

Advocating a jumpseat war because pilots operating under a 6+ year old contract and deep into negotiations aren't paid what a particular airframe (that they didn't have when said 6+ year old contract was ratified) "deserves"?

You never go full retard, even on Flightinfo...and that post just went there and then some.

Considering how ALPA didn't ban JetBlue pilots from a free ride when their A320 rates were 60-70% the industry average (how quickly some people forget), however, I wouldn't hold my breath.

They've already been denied jumpseats at Gojet. I agree with that. Sub par pay means you're on the pseduo scab list.

Yea Republic is bad, but they’re still a step above GoJets. Hopefully these seats go where they belong, Midwest pilots. I hope the Republic pilots standup up to BB, and get the pay they deserve. Nothing less than industry average will do. Should be JetBlue rates on the E-190 for the Capt and FO’s.

Latest resources

Back