Republic Airways to Acquire 10 Embraer 190AR Aircraft from US Airways

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's not about you or RAH....

That was a bit harsh yes, Sorry I was working off of a few drinks!! :blush: However Denying the jump seat to any commuter is wrong PERIOD!! You may not commute, but I and 65-70% of the industry does!! Punishing The Pilots for the actions of your companies CEO is not the answerer!!

It's not about RAH or any pilot group in particular. Jobs are a premium right now and pilots have proven that they will work for just about anything north of free, and sometimes less than free if it includes PIC time.
This is about the unions establishing a system, like a guild, where the minimum for any particular 121 operation is determined and that is entry into the guild. Over time you convince the managments of the existing carriers that it is in their best interest to only allow J/S access to other guild members and I assure you RAH would be at the negotiating table yesterday.
Manangment doesn't have any problem submitting and closing on a Frontier BK bid, all within a 6 months timeframe, why should it take 4 years to hammer out a fair and updated contract????? Because they can, and will and ultimately, it saves them a pile of cash.
Luv

It's not about RAH or any pilot group in particular. Jobs are a premium right now and pilots have proven that they will work for just about anything north of free, and sometimes less than free if it includes PIC time.
This is about the unions establishing a system, like a guild, where the minimum for any particular 121 operation is determined and that is entry into the guild. Over time you convince the managments of the existing carriers that it is in their best interest to only allow J/S access to other guild members and I assure you RAH would be at the negotiating table yesterday.
Manangment doesn't have any problem submitting and closing on a Frontier BK bid, all within a 6 months timeframe, why should it take 4 years to hammer out a fair and updated contract????? Because they can, and will and ultimately, it saves them a pile of cash.
Luv
Before we can hammer out a contract we need to integrate 5 seniority lists. Not 2...."5". Frontier, Midwest, Lynx, Mokalele or how ever you spell them, and RAH. You know that this will go to arbitration, I have been though this before in the S5- CHQ merger!! It takes time... Then you have to start from scratch with the whole Spectrum in mind. I am actually glad that we did not hammer out a contract yet because if we had before we Bought Midwest and F9 we would be kicking ourselves.

Your theory on a guild is not a bad theory...Your going to have to pull teeth to get people on board..and I really am not convinced that it would work. People wanting to fly for peanuts is in every industry. I was flying Corporate before 121 and We had a guy come into the department saying he would pay for his training. Which is why I will never work for Southwest. I do not believe in paying for a Type rating that I may never use Just to be possibly considered for a Job.

The Industry is Cyclical and we are on a down cycle right now. In 10 years we will see a shortage of Pilots because no one is flying these days or interested in the Job. Things will turn around for us but it will just take time!! Yes I do want better pay and benefits, but I don't want to cripple the company to do it..

Latest resources

Back