Republic Airways posts first quarter loss

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Republic, the new "Mesa".

Not even close there Roger. I flew for "commuters" when you still were playing flight simulator in grade school.

One parting shot...and one only.

I've been away from this site for a long, long time. When I was on, back in the day, I most often just read and didn't get into the conversations (battles) too often because it wasn't my place to speak to things I wasn't involved with. This, however, is worthy of my one and only post defending what I consider to be the best job with the best group of people (excluding mgmt) I've ever had. So here's my $.02, and my one and only post about it.

As I mentioned, most of the "flaming" that goes on around here is for the most part childish. Bringing up religion (Roger) seems way out of place...take it somewhere appropriate, and I think I spelt it right.

The term "scab" is a power word in our industry and though I don't know why nor do I care, it sure seemed to hit a nerve with Mr. Streak. That would usually mean that it has some special, inherent meaning for him. I could be wrong but...hmmm.

The fact is simply this: There are guys flying my job for little more than half of my former pay and loving their shiny new RJ's. BB bought it and the crews loved every minute of it. More growth, more upgrades, and hell...we're already making peanuts so why not?

I resigned my seniority long ago and will never (thankfully) have the chance to get recalled to fly my old job next to someone with quite possibly half (or less) my experience in the left seat making surely half as much money. So F You Bedford, and enjoy your 15 minutes.

For the record there is only one good BB and he is right here amongst us! By the way Borg...I miss Susie too! ;)

Over...and out.

I've been away from this site for a long, long time. When I was on, back in the day, I most often just read and didn't get into the conversations (battles) too often because it wasn't my place to speak to things I wasn't involved with. This, however, is worthy of my one and only post defending what I consider to be the best job with the best group of people (excluding mgmt) I've ever had. So here's my $.02, and my one and only post about it.

As I mentioned, most of the "flaming" that goes on around here is for the most part childish. Bringing up religion (Roger) seems way out of place...take it somewhere appropriate, and I think I spelt it right.

The term "scab" is a power word in our industry and though I don't know why nor do I care, it sure seemed to hit a nerve with Mr. Streak. That would usually mean that it has some special, inherent meaning for him. I could be wrong but...hmmm.

The fact is simply this: There are guys flying my job for little more than half of my former pay and loving their shiny new RJ's. BB bought it and the crews loved every minute of it. More growth, more upgrades, and hell...we're already making peanuts so why not?

I resigned my seniority long ago and will never (thankfully) have the chance to get recalled to fly my old job next to someone with quite possibly half (or less) my experience in the left seat making surely half as much money. So F You Bedford, and enjoy your 15 minutes.

For the record there is only one good BB and he is right here amongst us! By the way Borg...I miss Susie too! ;)

Over...and out.

:D

Keep on truckin' Capt!

Over...and out.

My religion is mine. I fought for this country and have a right to bring it up anytime I want. So I will. Nothing you can do about it.

I can't stand passivism and people with victim a mentality. Both of which your pilot group has shown. You guys didn't stand up for yourselves and you guys had a one way ticket to the unemployment line because of it. Now, you guys are wearing thin on everyone by using this poor me thing. WE ARE GETTING TIRED OF YOUR CRYNG! You are creating the situation for yourselves.

Can't wait to see what August has in store for you.

My religion is mine. I fought for this country and have a right to bring it up anytime I want. So I will. Nothing you can do about it.

I can't stand passivism and people with victim a mentality. Both of which your pilot group has shown. You guys didn't stand up for yourselves and you guys had a one way ticket to the unemployment line because of it. Now, you guys are wearing thin on everyone by using this poor me thing. WE ARE GETTING TIRED OF YOUR CRYNG! You are creating the situation for yourselves.

Can't wait to see what August has in store for you.

You can't stand passivism?! What have you actively done to right this injustice? Do you not think what happened was an injustice? Every Republic pilot I've talked to has said "It wasn't me, it was management. We couldn't do anything about it." Is that not the definition of passivism?! Based on some of these posts, I'm beginning to think you believe it's a good thing that Republic is doing mainline flying for regional wages. Furthermore, I know the identities of most Midwest pilots contributing to this thread and to my knowledge none of us were flying when Republic bought us. What would you have had have us do from the sidelines?

You keep saying the Midwest pilot group didn't stand up for ourselves, but you seem to forget that we died because we refused to take pay cuts to your level. If we had taken the pay cuts they would have had no reason to sell us off - they certainly didn't make any money in the sale and BB sure seems to think he can make money doing the same thing we were. If this is destined to be a money-loser (which is what you all have been implying by suggesting a multi-billion dollar private equity firm couldn't justify buying E190s) maybe BB isn't as smart as you think...

You can't stand passivism?! What have you actively done to right this injustice? Do you not think what happened was an injustice? Every Republic pilot I've talked to has said "It wasn't me, it was management. We couldn't do anything about it." Is that not the definition of passivism?! Based on some of these posts, I'm beginning to think you believe it's a good thing that Republic is doing mainline flying for regional wages. Furthermore, I know the identities of most Midwest pilots contributing to this thread and to my knowledge none of us were flying when Republic bought us. What would you have had have us do from the sidelines?

You keep saying the Midwest pilot group didn't stand up for ourselves, but you seem to forget that we died because we refused to take pay cuts to your level. If we had taken the pay cuts they would have had no reason to sell us off - they certainly didn't make any money in the sale and BB sure seems to think he can make money doing the same thing we were. If this is destined to be a money-loser (which is what you all have been implying by suggesting a multi-billion dollar private equity firm couldn't justify buying E190s) maybe BB isn't as smart as you think...

Yup. There it is again. August. It is coming soon.

Latest resources

Back