• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic Airways posts first quarter loss

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Additionally, this playground debate about whether RAH scabbed is downright disgusting when our Spirit brothers are mere hours from walking the line for real. May they prevail, cue up the Johnny Cash.

Additionally, this playground debate about whether RAH scabbed is downright disgusting when our Spirit brothers are mere hours from walking the line for real. May they prevail, cue up the Johnny Cash.

True story. However, I find is hilarious to the point of vomiting on my keyboard that the YX pilots demand that RAH pilots should have conducted an illegal work action to suit YX pilots' desires when the YX pilots weren't remotely close to being willing to do the same to save their own skins.

I think we would have lowered the bar for the rest of the industry, just like you have...

Do you think 190's would have magically appeared on the ramp after signing off to those pay rates? Aside from some fairy miracling airplanes there YX had no means for purchasing a new fleet.
You saw the company was going under in 2007 before RAH showed up and jumped ship then. Maybe you should have stayed on, there was a chance the magic fairy thing may have worked.

Does the holy RAH pilot group have balls to stand up to their management now or in the future? Or do they just roll over as they have done and continue to bring the industry down to poverty pay scales?

Does the holy RAH pilot group have balls to stand up to their management now or in the future? Or do they just roll over as they have done and continue to bring the industry down to poverty pay scales?

You mean like the Midwest group did? Or like the Us Airways group did? Or all the other mainline airline groups that have given up so much in airline employment history? And, exactly, how has the RAH group "rolled over"? You, obviously, do not know the process to get from a to b with the RLA. Why don't you share some collective and productive thoughts instead of bashing people on here? People you don't know. People that work hard everyday. People that are wiling to strike if we don't improve things for our industry. Realize that the enemy here is the management. Period. And they love to see people like you that do not understand the system try and create havoc from within the ranks. Kinda like a placed disease. We ARE collective at RAH. And we WILL be improving our contract, as we are in negotiations right now. If we decide to strike, please come by and introduce yourself on the line with your FI screen name.

Now, please tell us. What airline is it that you work for?

Do you think 190's would have magically appeared on the ramp after signing off to those pay rates? Aside from some fairy miracling airplanes there YX had no means for purchasing a new fleet.
You saw the company was going under in 2007 before RAH showed up and jumped ship then. Maybe you should have stayed on, there was a chance the magic fairy thing may have worked.

You seem to have quite a thing for fairies. Hmm...

If you have some inside information that Midwest management was negotiating in bad faith, that information would have been helpful during the arbitration attempting to resolve this a year ago. Then again maybe you're just talking out your a$$ like the rest of the RAH clan...

Do you even know who RAH bought Midwest from? I'm guessing no, so I'll tell you. TPG was the majority owner and it was their plan to do the fleet change. Since they are a private equity group with access to multiple billions of dollars, I'm guessing they could have bought some E190s if they REALLY wanted to. You see, it was TPG that wanted us to take the huge paycuts and if we'd only do that, then they would spend the money for the jets. The leverage they were using against us was you (hopefully you've learned that by now). So yes, I do think TPG would have bought the jets if the pilots had accepted regional payrates.

If you have some inside information that Midwest management was negotiating in bad faith, that information would have been helpful during the arbitration attempting to resolve this a year ago. Then again maybe you're just talking out your a$$ like the rest of the RAH clan...

Do you even know who RAH bought Midwest from? I'm guessing no, so I'll tell you. TPG was the majority owner and it was their plan to do the fleet change. Since they are a private equity group with access to multiple billions of dollars, I'm guessing they could have bought some E190s if they REALLY wanted to. You see, it was TPG that wanted us to take the huge paycuts and if we'd only do that, then they would spend the money for the jets. The leverage they were using against us was you (hopefully you've learned that by now). So yes, I do think TPG would have bought the jets if the pilots had accepted regional payrates.

Do you know what really happened to your fairytale company? . . You are just the rest of the folks here. . . just assuming what really happened behind the doors.

You are like your fellow scabs at Falcon Air! . . . Nothing to blame but yourselves. . working for a scab airline! . .

Do you know what really happened to your fairytale company? . . You are just the rest of the folks here. . . just assuming what really happened behind the doors.

You are like your fellow scabs at Falcon Air! . . . Nothing to blame but yourselves. . working for a scab airline! . .

Use crack much? We're going to need a line by line translation of that gibberish please.

I don't think you understand what Texas Pacific Group really does. They don't build up companies, they take them down. They buy them, raid the coffers, upload any profits as "consulting fees" bleed them out and finally sell off the carcuss. That is their standard playbook, exactly what happened. No pilot payrates would have changed that.

I don't think you understand what Texas Pacific Group really does. They don't build up companies, they take them down. They buy them, raid the coffers, upload any profits as "consulting fees" bleed them out and finally sell off the carcuss. That is their standard playbook, exactly what happened. No pilot payrates would have changed that.

Like they did with Continental?

Latest resources

Back