• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic Airways posts first quarter loss

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I view it less as whining and more as trying to educate a group of people that seem too damn stupid to figure it out on their own. You've heard the cliche about learning from the past or repeating it? With the attitudes displayed by most Republic pilots I've encountered you will be the next group undercut by some bottom-feeder and then we'll see how you feel about it.

As I've said many times on here, I've long since moved on from Midwest and am relieved to see the brand go away while people can still remember how it used to be.

If you don't like what I have to say I'd invite you to select ignore or stfu. Just sayin'...

You're a pretty classy fella telling people to stfu....... it's really obvious that you've "moved on". It always worries me when one stereotypes an entire group of people without even knowing them or attempting to look at all sides.

In all sincerity, I feel for you and your plight, but please don't pretend you're educating me or anyone else about this situation........it makes you look petty. This dead horse has been beaten one time too many. Good luck in your future endeavors........ Just sayin'.......

You're a pretty classy fella telling people to stfu....... it's really obvious that you've "moved on". It always worries me when one stereotypes an entire group of people without even knowing them or attempting to look at all sides.

In all sincerity, I feel for you and your plight, but please don't pretend you're educating me or anyone else about this situation........it makes you look petty. This dead horse has been beaten one time too many. Good luck in your future endeavors........ Just sayin'.......

I appreciate your sincere feelings for my plight, however you know nothing of it. I was out of work for all of one month after my furlough from Midwest and that was only because I bypassed the first class that NetJets offered so I could take the furlough from Midwest to hedge my bets (at that point I was still hoping things would eventually get better for Midwest and I like having options) .

In late 2007 I could see that things weren't going too great at Midwest so I applied and interviewed with NetJets. This was LONG before any of the Republic mess happened. I REALLY have no personal stake in this, other than to irritate people like you by pointing out that you screwed your brothers and sisters at Midwest Airlines - for whatever reason that really gets you people stirred up, guilt perhaps?

No one answered the question I posed earlier, so I'll ask again: Do you think you (Republic) hurt our (Midwest) chances to negotiate payrates for the E190?

A simple yes or no will suffice.

No one answered the question I posed earlier, so I'll ask again: Do you think you (Republic) hurt our (Midwest) chances to negotiate payrates for the E190?
BORG,
Anytime Group A has rates lower than Group B it makes it just a bit more difficult (not impossible, by any means) for group B to raise those rates. I don't think that anyone would argue that point b/c we all know it's true (Jetblue is making it easier for RAH to negotiate higher 190 rates, USAirways is making it more difficult). What you need to acknowledge is that YX was not "specifically underbid" by RAH.

I'm still not sure why you're mad at RAH. When B6 negotiated their 190 rates, their company didn't come to RAH and say, "Our pilot group is being difficult, since you already have payrates for these why don't you fly them." Their mgmt didn't sell them down the river. Their pilot group fought and got what they wanted. Why didn't that take place at YX? I'm guessing b/c YX may have been on the way out long before the 190 negotiations started.

I appreciate your sincere feelings for my plight, however you know nothing of it. I was out of work for all of one month after my furlough from Midwest and that was only because I bypassed the first class that NetJets offered so I could take the furlough from Midwest to hedge my bets (at that point I was still hoping things would eventually get better for Midwest and I like having options) .

In late 2007 I could see that things weren't going too great at Midwest so I applied and interviewed with NetJets. This was LONG before any of the Republic mess happened. I REALLY have no personal stake in this, other than to irritate people like you by pointing out that you screwed your brothers and sisters at Midwest Airlines - for whatever reason that really gets you people stirred up, guilt perhaps?

So shut up then. We are all getting tired of your crying. You complain so well, but make it so very clear that you are not willing to be a part of the solution.

If YX crews had signed off on RAH rates what do you think would have happened?

BORG,
Anytime Group A has rates lower than Group B it makes it just a bit more difficult (not impossible, by any means) for group B to raise those rates. I don't think that anyone would argue that point b/c we all know it's true (Jetblue is making it easier for RAH to negotiate higher 190 rates, USAirways is making it more difficult). What you need to acknowledge is that YX was not "specifically underbid" by RAH.

I'm still not sure why you're mad at RAH. When B6 negotiated their 190 rates, their company didn't come to RAH and say, "Our pilot group is being difficult, since you already have payrates for these why don't you fly them." Their mgmt didn't sell them down the river. Their pilot group fought and got what they wanted. Why didn't that take place at YX? I'm guessing b/c YX may have been on the way out long before the 190 negotiations started.

Then you're retarded...

I'll answer that question, No. Midwest had no way to finance or raise capital for the purchase of future airframes, let alone pay for the 717's still on property. Midwest was BROKE and couldn't make the payments on the current 717. RAH ended up making some payments on them before they returned them to Boeing for a penalty.

Quit saying RAH screwed you, a more realistic statement was that Airtran screwed you!

Last edited:
betcha those C series rates are 70-80% of current 737 rates

I grow disgusted with you and BORGs ignorance. LOA39 between FAPA and RAH stipulates that C-Series will be flown under the current FAPA agreement at the current narrowbody rate. It's in writing: $156/hr. Will that suffice? Hopefully the SLI will be wrapped up soon and we can ALL look forward to flying these aircraft without shame.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back