• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic Abuses Flight Crews

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hope non of you regional guys who can’t handle the sits applied to the fractionals. Sitting 3-5 hours in between flights is normal and so is working 10-14 hours; and try doing that day after day for 7 days. And there are no early shows or late shows. You are the show, and the company owns you all day long.

You guys are lucky that your company is attempting to be productive. Maybe they need to furlough some more.

Remember there are guys out there on the street who would kill to have your job and work those hours with no complaining.

What we've got here is a bunch of pu$$ies. People don't know how good they've got it. They expect everything handed to them and they got into the wrong line of work and now they're pissed.

I am not the most experienced person on this board; but am older than 25. I do know that the RAH contract sux and SOME pilots are pretty full of them selves and their RJ!
The ones that I am talking about are walking around with "guppy killer" stickers on their bags, and think that they deserve to fly that RJ for Midwest and are pissed at the Midwest pilots!
Well I can certainly understand the distaste for the "Guppy Killer" stickers. I do not have one on my bag nor will I ever! Yes we do have some pilots with ego's because they fly the 170. My View, It's an airplane, it goes up and comes down. Our job is the same whether we are on a 1900 or a 747. Every airline has their 10% of idiots who make their pilot group look bad, I am sure yours has some too!!;) As far as our contract is concerned, it's certainly not the best but it's by far not the worst!!!. We are in negotiations now and we will hopefully fill in the gaps a little better this time around. Being an outsider looking in, you really do not have a leg to stand on as far as knowledge of our contract. Yes you may have friends hear who tell you about it, but 2nd or 3rd hand information does not add up. If you were a former employee then that's different.

I was too slow to get on with United or NWA this last go round, I was concerned about the 50%+ pay cut the first year. I would've been furloughed anyway.

So I'm staying here at Air Wisconsin, thankful for the contract and rigs we have. Growth at the regionals has slowed down. Now is the time to improve your contract guys! If you don't have it, you deserve:

Duty rig: 1 for 2 hrs duty (CS avoids those long sits)
Cancellation pay for any reason
Trip rig: 1 for 4 hrs start trip to end trip
min day 3 hrs or better
a day room (hotel) during sch or unsch more than 4.5 hrs break
a crew room contractually spelled out
block or better
highest sch block minimum if rerouted
hotel during CDO's
commuter policy

Employers should give you working conditions and days off which foster and maintain safety, and the opportunity to have a real life outside of work, so you can be a productive and safe employee at work. That is the moral and ethical bottom line.

Happy New Year.

Well said.

You guys who keep typing, "If you don't like it then quit" really tick me off.

If you don't like it, Grow a pair and FIGHT FOR WHAT IS RIGHT.

Bigbird, are you involved with your union? If not, why not? The more involvement a union has with its membership, the stronger it will be. The stronger it is, the more likely it will be able to achieve the points Crossky made above. Whining on FI.com will accomplish NOTHING. Grow a pair and stand up to your management!!! Apparently you have NOTHING TO LOSE.

Quitting is the cowardly way out. That attitude is EXACTLY what is wrong with the airline industry.

To the dude who decided to waste all our time by starting this post:

Leave or shut the hell up. Nobody cares. And saying that place is the same as Mesa is pretty ridiculous.

To the dude who decided to waste all our time by starting this post:

Leave or shut the hell up. Nobody cares. And saying that place is the same as Mesa is pretty ridiculous.
Again. Wrong attitude.

Chatuttlepublic is a crappy regional just like any other. Its not as wonderful as the kool aid drinkers would have you believe, nor is it as bad as the naysayers say it is. This is not the first regional I have worked for, the two previous ones (ACA and Comair) treated their employees better, but they had a better contract and the union had more backbone. You'd never hear "fly it and grieve it later" from a union rep. The biggest difference I have found at Republic is the middle management is abysmal. Turnover with these folks is horrendous. The other thing that gets ridiculous are Bedford's long winded sermons about Christian values when the actions of his company have nothing to do with the values he espouses. Not to say any other regional is any better, but reading an Easter Sermon on the value of mercy while the company is giving you the royal screw doesn't generate a lot of respect for the Reverend.

Chatuttlepublic is a crappy regional just like any other. Its not as wonderful as the kool aid drinkers would have you believe, nor is it as bad as the naysayers say it is. This is not the first regional I have worked for, the two previous ones (ACA and Comair) treated their employees better, but they had a better contract and the union had more backbone. You'd never hear "fly it and grieve it later" from a union rep. The biggest difference I have found at Republic is the middle management is abysmal. Turnover with these folks is horrendous. The other thing that gets ridiculous are Bedford's long winded sermons about Christian values when the actions of his company have nothing to do with the values he espouses. Not to say any other regional is any better, but reading an Easter Sermon on the value of mercy while the company is giving you the royal screw doesn't generate a lot of respect for the Reverend.

I was hired at Republic, but already had another job by the time they called me. Besides, I wouldn't appreciate the religion thrown on me. I am agnostic and would not have appreciated being preached to.

Maybe the fact that the gal who used to answer the phones at the Local is now your Business Agent has something to do with that. I mean really, why wouldn't they abuse you?
'Cause a pimp is posta slap his biatches around. Hoers need that to keep them in line!
PBR

Latest resources

Back