Republic Abuses Flight Crews

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bigbird

There are many flight crew abuses going on at Republic. I dont think people realize that this place isn't much better than Mesa airlines when it comes to employee treatment.
Here are some of the unethical things that go on here:

3-5 hours sits during a trip. On a four day trip you could possibly have three of these. Sitting around the food court in PHL of CLT for up to five hours. Then we continue with our 14hr duty day.

Subpar hotels. Not all are bad, but most are. The company considers a gas station or a McDonalds next door quality food. Some of these hotels are in pretty bad shape or in bad parts of town.

The company refuses to follow the contract. This happens on a daily basis. The company says, "just do what we say and greive it".

We have many 3 or 4 day trips that start at 5am day 1, then finish at 11pm on the last day. So, the first 3 days of our trip we get up at 430am then the last day we don't start until later morning then fly until midnight. This of couse is after a 4 hour sit in PHL food court.
Obviously the company could care less about pilot rest, comfort, and safety.

Our crew room in PHL is a 5x8 bag room. This room has two roach infested chairs and is full of bags. The company calls this the "quite room" I guess this is were we are supposed to rest on our 5 hours sits?

Our CEO is continuously posting letters with his religious based propoganda. I am not talking about a reference or two about the Lord. These things look like they are written by the Pope. He has pushed his religious and political views on us many times. There needs to be some separation of religion and politics here at work. We have people from many different backgrounds.

This is just the begining of some of the things we deal with here at Republic Airlines. This is a warning to all. When and if this place ever starts hiring again, please think about your decision. I dont know many people here that are happy. There are other companies out there that would treat you much better for your hard work.

TristarJS30 said:
Sounds exactly like Comair

...and most every other regional today...

bigbird said:
There are other companies out there that would treat you much better for your hard work.

Name one in the regional airline realm, other than (maybe) Skywest.

3-5 hours sits during a trip.

Welcome to every day at CommutAir when I was there. When I was called regarding late departures because we needed to get something to eat, I was told there was plenty of time on the multi-hour sit for breakfast and lunch. (The sit started around 11am, 6+ hours into my duty day.)

Sitting around the food court in PHL of CLT for up to five hours. Then we continue with our 14hr duty day.
Try the "food court" (ha) in Syracuse or Portland, ME, for 4 hours. And I had plenty of 16-hour duty days.

Subpar hotels. Not all are bad, but most are. The company considers a gas station or a McDonalds next door quality food.
Sounds like pretty much every regional. Mine never even had food as a consideration. When a newhire dared to ask why we couldn't get breakfast included with more of our hotels, he was given a less-than-warm reception, by both management and his fellow pilots. Nice.

Our crew room in PHL is a 5x8 bag room.
I'm jealous! :laugh: Ours in Boston was four chairs behind the gate podium, with a little Tensa-barrier around it that said "CommutAir Crew Area." Just before I left, we were upgraded to a windowless concrete 5x5 room with no heat and no chairs, though it did have a giant electrical transformer to keep it above freezing in there.

With very few exceptions, welcome to Regional world. Hope you get out quicker than I did.

Bingo, Mesaba has been playing the "just grieve it" card a lot lately too. And just take a look at the "fishbowl" at A19 in MEM for a supposedly adequate rest area....
My 4 day over Christmas was built with 3 deadheads (had a 4th added for a Fed ride for a new upgrade) paying 17 total hours with a 5 hour sit in DTW on Christmas day. Did I mention deadheads are only paid at half credit here. :puke:
Pinnacle, Compass, Comair, ASA, ect. All of us are treated as cost units not people....

Hey big bird, do you fly the Beech 1900 or the CRJ-700 for Republic?

j/k..Like everyone said, welcome to the regionals.

Are you on reserve or do you have a line? I remember at XJT the two were night and day. When I got a line, I felt like I got a new job and it rocked. When I went back to reserve, it felt like being furloughed.

You know how much I love it when we hire bitter people?

So many people out there on furlough, and all you can do is complain. Most of what you have to say has some truth to it, but it is not the total truth.

Common sense, area number one where we have Mesa beat. I am not speaking to the crews at all, more over the company and how its run. Random cancellations, completely improper crew planning, not to mention a crew scheduling department that is run by short bus riders from the 70's. My point, the company has roughly the same cities and same flying given to it by Airways....and what do we do with it as opposed to Mesa? Sit's are a part our particular industry....get over it.

Hotels.....seriously man......90% of the places we stay.....were waiting on Mesa to show for the same van....or vise versa.

MAG follows their contract? Oh wait, untill a few weeks ago it was easy to follow it, because it bent them over....no arguing, it's just how it was. BTW fellas and ladies, congrats on the new contract....improvement is good.

You sound like you are outstation based sir.....nuff said...you knew what you were getting into.

Our CEO's letters. Last time I checked they were not required reading. I know it's tough, but if you can manage to not click that link......well.....things are going to be okay.....I promise.

Bottom line, quit complaining.....you have a job, and many don't. On the bright side, if you were collecting unemployment...you wouldn't have the urge to click the CEO update link....think about it.

There are many flight crew abuses going on at Republic. I dont think people realize that this place isn't much better than Mesa airlines when it comes to employee treatment.
Here are some of the unethical things that go on here:

3-5 hours sits during a trip. On a four day trip you could possibly have three of these. Sitting around the food court in PHL of CLT for up to five hours. Then we continue with our 14hr duty day.

Subpar hotels. Not all are bad, but most are. The company considers a gas station or a McDonalds next door quality food. Some of these hotels are in pretty bad shape or in bad parts of town.

The company refuses to follow the contract. This happens on a daily basis. The company says, "just do what we say and greive it".

We have many 3 or 4 day trips that start at 5am day 1, then finish at 11pm on the last day. So, the first 3 days of our trip we get up at 430am then the last day we don't start until later morning then fly until midnight. This of couse is after a 4 hour sit in PHL food court.
Obviously the company could care less about pilot rest, comfort, and safety.

Our crew room in PHL is a 5x8 bag room. This room has two roach infested chairs and is full of bags. The company calls this the "quite room" I guess this is were we are supposed to rest on our 5 hours sits?

Our CEO is continuously posting letters with his religious based propoganda. I am not talking about a reference or two about the Lord. These things look like they are written by the Pope. He has pushed his religious and political views on us many times. There needs to be some separation of religion and politics here at work. We have people from many different backgrounds.

This is just the begining of some of the things we deal with here at Republic Airlines. This is a warning to all. When and if this place ever starts hiring again, please think about your decision. I dont know many people here that are happy. There are other companies out there that would treat you much better for your hard work.

Latest resources

Back